Current time: 02/05/2024, 10:32 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
That is the case, the problem is that all of the ex-London Tridents are already allocated to schools, and the 'native' East Scotland ALX400s are a little new at 03 plates for schools.

Therefore it seems logical that the B9s will be going on commercial routes that are still Olympian operated, or cascading Tridents down for the same purpose.

Aberhill doesn't have any B7/9s allocated currently, so again I can't see it being where the B9TLs end up. The same is true for Cowdenbeath.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Would be a great shame if the Nightbus network did go in Wigan its just a Shame TFGM and LCC did just a half ass attempt at it.

Eg 695 should have gone through to Skelmersdale Terminating at the Labour club was silly and the fact LCC part subsidise this makes it twice as daft but typical of lancashire county council.
540 Route should have had a link atleast as far as The Bolton Boundary in Westhoughton.
362 route as far as Standish
352 route as far as Billinge Merseyside boundary then possibly returning via 631 route through Winstanley in service.

When you dont serve a towns major business links how can something work?

Bring Back Arriva Skelmersdale
(17/03/2013 16:51)mbonwick Wrote:  That is the case, the problem is that all of the ex-London Tridents are already allocated to schools, and the 'native' East Scotland ALX400s are a little new at 03 plates for schools.

Therefore it seems logical that the B9s will be going on commercial routes that are still Olympian operated, or cascading Tridents down for the same purpose.

Aberhill doesn't have any B7/9s allocated currently, so again I can't see it being where the B9TLs end up. The same is true for Cowdenbeath.

Drifting off the Manchester topic I know, but your knowledge of the Fife operations is rather flawed.
Many of the former London Tridents are in regular all day work, as a lot of the school work is linked to regular local bus work - both tendered and commercial. Whilst some Olympians do stray at times on to all day work, this has become much more rare recently. Therefore my previous comments stand regarding their likely allocation.
You make a valid point - but I only have as much information available to me as Head Office would routinely have available.

While vehicles will indeed head out onto other service, they're primary allocated purpose is for schools services.

No way will the B9TLs end up on schools whatever does happen.
(17/03/2013 22:47)mbonwick Wrote:  You make a valid point - but I only have as much information available to me as Head Office would routinely have available.

While vehicles will indeed head out onto other service, they're primary allocated purpose is for schools services.

No way will the B9TLs end up on schools whatever does happen.

Actually they will, as virtually all Fife DD workings involve a school (or college) journey, and buses much newer than these B9TLs work school journeys on a daily basis!
Perhaps I should have rephrased that to 'B9TLs will not be allocated (on paper) to the dedicated school runs; i.e. they will not be direct Olympian replacements.

The depots I suggested notionally still have Olympians allocated to ordinary service, as I explained before - the point here is that those boards spend more time in public service and so will preferentially get the low floors.
Another possibility is that there going to convert some services from single to double decker operation
12208, MX13 FLR Out and about today!
Other news from Stagecoach Manchester is that Bluebirds SELNEC liveried Dart is no more apparently, don't worry its not been withdrawn apparently its currently at Hyde Road along with an Evolution in preparation for repaint, both are due to go back to Middleton Depot once repainted.

Also just seen Hybrid 12119 going down Broadway Chadderton heading back to Hyde Road Depot after operating a School Service to Newman College in Chadderton
(18/03/2013 08:57)M60lad Wrote:  Other news from Stagecoach Manchester is that Bluebirds SELNEC liveried Dart is no more apparently, don't worry its not been withdrawn apparently its currently at Hyde Road along with an Evolution in preparation for repaint, both are due to go back to Middleton Depot once repainted.

Also just seen Hybrid 12119 going down Broadway Chadderton heading back to Hyde Road Depot after operating a School Service to Newman College in Chadderton

Do I take it that these are the first Bluebird vehicles to be re-painted ?, or are the fromer Go-Ahead London darts, which have previously been reported at Hyde Road, the first ones ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)