Current time: 02/05/2024, 03:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
(04/03/2013 09:49)507009 Wrote:  A creaking route that desperately needs deckers instead has a bus with 28 seats allocated to it. You couldn't make it up really: a pitiful allocation.

The 10/A does need deckers certainly for daytime, I think anyone who uses the route on a regular basis would agree. With the investment in the Hybrids at LS, I personally think that something similar could be done with the 10/A.

As far as I remember all the Solo's were parked up in their usual places in the depot yesterday, so there is no excuse for putting a solo on the 10A.

In other news, the dreaded 7640 is back out today on the 32A.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/03/2013 11:52)sth77 Wrote:  As far as I remember all the Solo's were parked up in their usual places in the depot yesterday, so there is no excuse for putting a solo on the 10A.
As tinytears said though, if it's the last 10A out of the garage and with it being a cold morning, it could have been the only starter in the garage which wasn't already booked in for work i.e. a monthly inspection etc. For the sake of one round trip, whilst not ideal to have a 28 seat vehicle out, it's going to be more troublesome and make the service later to try and stop a full size vehicle on a local and have it swapped over (bearing in mind that the local route then potentially suffers from a lack of capacity on a lower frequency than the 10A) so, to send that Solo out for a single round trip, bearing in mind the 6 minute frequency of the 10A, and then pull it off on return to St Helens in favour of a full size vehicle which has been given attention during that period (whether that's just to get it started, complete its monthly inspection etc.) is probably the best option.

I'd be incredulously surprised if it transpired the shunters had set up the lanes the previous night with the intention of that Solo operating a 10A.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
Just proves what I have been sayin for a while that St Helens has too many small vehicles and not enough full sized singles deckers.
The way I see it is this St Helens currently has 27 darts of various forms if you include the returned 7640 and 2271. The Solo's and Solo SR's should stick to local routes only such as the 32/A and the 35/A and the 156. If it was possible I would replace the 27 darts with either Pulsar's or deckers for the 10/A. This would then free up the pulsars already here to serve other routes such as the 320/352/329.

In reality I know this won't happen but that is my thoughts on the allocation problems which St Helens seem to have, people can either agree or disagree. I do think that the St Helens fleet as a whole needs looking at and it needs to stop being the dumping ground for everyone else's rubbish.

Thanks!
updated 21/08/17
I don't recall seeing it mentioned here, but can anyone confirm if 2324 is out in service today? I seen it in the depot on the front fence yesterday minus a ticket machine. TIA

RIP 96 - YNWA
2324 wasn't on the front fence this morning, also i saw 676 this morning and it's a ridiculous allocation but it would be much worse on the 10. Also 2322 (?) on 89
Regarding the T-reg Dart's, 2314 and 7623 had the day off today while one of the older Solo's disgraced its self and recovered by RNW around dinner time.
(04/03/2013 16:03)K101HUM Wrote:  Regarding the T-reg Dart's, 2314 and 7623 had the day off today while one of the older Solo's disgraced its self and recovered by RNW around dinner time.
677 failed in Skelmersdale (just by the exit of the bus station) whilst, presumably, on the 312. If it was on the 312, 680 replaced it.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Update on 2324, its on the 31
2271 out on 33's this afternoon.

User(s) browsing this thread: 35 Guest(s)