Current time: 03/05/2024, 18:00 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I wouldn't be surprised if Stagecoach try to link up their network, so for instance services out to Chorley and St Helens to fill in the gaps of Merseyside and South Lancashire. There could well be slight tussle with Arriva on some corridors but then again there already is locally in the Wigan area ie Pemberton - Wigan, Platt Bridge - Wigan, Lowton - Leigh, this would just probably stretch to a slightly bigger scale.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Stagecoach have announced on their website that the Bluebird takeover will take place on Sunday.

Buses will be re-painted over the coming months with some current Stagecoach buses being used in addition to the current Bluebird fleet (similar to now). Bluebird's ticket range will still be available on current Bluebird services for the time being, while Stagecoach's day tickets & weekly Megarider and Easyrider tickets will also be valid. Stagecoach Smartcard will be available once new ticket machines are installed.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/manchesterbluebird.aspx
(27/02/2013 21:13)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach have announced on their website that the Bluebird takeover will take place on Sunday.

Buses will be re-painted over the coming months with some current Stagecoach buses being used in addition to the current Bluebird fleet (similar to now). Bluebird's ticket range will still be available on current Bluebird services for the time being, while Stagecoach's day tickets & weekly Megarider and Easyrider tickets will also be valid. Stagecoach Smartcard will be available once new ticket machines are installed.

Yes it looks like all systems go for Sunday. There were a few Bluebird buses in Stockport tonight, scattered around. One was parked up near the bus station with a couple of drivers admiring it, standing around chatting. I don't know if that was a familiarisation exercise.
Seems Stagecoach will have to use a few spare buses on the routes for a while, whilst the others are being painted, and presumably over time some of the current fleet will be scrapped, though I do believe there's not that many that are too old for use.
(27/02/2013 21:38)ace Wrote:  
(27/02/2013 21:13)SF07 Wrote:  Stagecoach have announced on their website that the Bluebird takeover will take place on Sunday.

Yes it looks like all systems go for Sunday. There were a few Bluebird buses in Stockport tonight, scattered around. One was parked up near the bus station with a couple of drivers admiring it, standing around chatting. I don't know if that was a familiarisation exercise.
Seems Stagecoach will have to use a few spare buses on the routes for a while, whilst the others are being painted, and presumably over time some of the current fleet will be scrapped, though I do believe there's not that many that are too old for use.

There was one in the bus stations parking bay next to a bluebird repair van (an Enviro200) as it had a flat tyre. :P
(27/02/2013 22:11)MX12EOC Wrote:  
(27/02/2013 21:38)ace Wrote:  

There was one in the bus stations parking bay next to a bluebird repair van (an Enviro200) as it had a flat tyre. :P

Great start. LOL
Sorry for different topic but still stagecoach question or maybe if same old question pls stop me or delete the new question, thank you

I wonder when I saw magic bus or normal bus use route 45/46 in Manchester circular on flickr.com and why 45/46 isn't on stagecoachbus.com website? it is withdrawn becos of low passenger? what about ALX300/MAN send to somewhere in Manchester, hyde road or sharston?

thank you

Martyn
(28/02/2013 13:44)Scania3379man Wrote:  Sorry for different topic but still stagecoach question or maybe if same old question pls stop me or delete the new question, thank you

I wonder when I saw magic bus or normal bus use route 45/46 in Manchester circular on flickr.com and why 45/46 isn't on stagecoachbus.com website? it is withdrawn becos of low passenger? what about ALX300/MAN send to somewhere in Manchester, hyde road or sharston?

thank you

Martyn

i think the Magic Bus ALX300s Got sent to Barnsley/Rawmarsh
Open to correction here...

Think the 45/6 were withdrawn when Metrolink was extended?
The MagicBus MANs were definitely sent to Yorkshire to discourage First from competeing, however in the end they went into swoops as SYPTE introduced a QBP on the routes in question.
I know the 46/47 were withdrawn a few years back after many years (possibly going back to PTE days). The route was a Magic Bus operation in it's final years.
Thank you guys,

Now I understand that. cheerio

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)