Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:59 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
A 59 Pulsar (3015 i think) was on the 60 today, along with a interurban Marshall
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/02/2013 21:19)Marshall Capital SLF Wrote:  A 59 Pulsar (3015 i think) was on the 60 today, along with a interurban Marshall
3015 was on a Liverpool-bound service all day.

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Marshall 7663 on the 60 today, whilst 4074 is on the 53A
(19/02/2013 20:54)3111 Wrote:  Plaxton Pointer 2 X227 ANC (2227) was unusually on the 52/52A today (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...490242612/ so I presume that it replaced 2929.

A BLAST FROM THE PAST?

With its yellow roller blinds and old livery, that photo of 2227 could easily pass for being taken in 2001, rather than 2013.

Just a pity that LED'd Interurban Marshall Dart is behind itWink
(20/02/2013 16:57)mathias Wrote:  
(19/02/2013 20:54)3111 Wrote:  Plaxton Pointer 2 X227 ANC (2227) was unusually on the 52/52A today (http://www.flickr.com/photos/michael2770...490242612/ so I presume that it replaced 2929.
A BLAST FROM THE PAST?

With its yellow roller blinds and old livery, that photo of 2227 could easily pass for being taken in 2001, rather than 2013.

Definitely a blast from the past, yeah - generally, it's rare to see a bus with manual destination equipment on the 52/52A!

For the THIRD time, Pulsar CX58 FZE (2923) lacks the capability to pull off of the line at a decent speed... I sampled it twice today and it was definitely "slow". There's examples like this which constantly change, speed-wise, and there's examples like Pulsar CX58 EXK (2918) which have been "slow" for over one whole year! Are drivers booking-off these problematic buses?

(20/02/2013 20:58)3111 Wrote:  
(20/02/2013 16:57)mathias Wrote:  
A BLAST FROM THE PAST?

Definitely a blast from the past, yeah - generally, it's rare to see a bus with manual destination equipment on the 52/52A!

For the THIRD time, Pulsar CX58 FZE (2923) lacks the capability to pull off of the line at a decent speed... I sampled it twice today and it was definitely "slow". There's examples like this which constantly change, speed-wise, and there's examples like Pulsar CX58 EXK (2918) which have been "slow" for over one whole year! Are drivers booking-off these problematic buses?

Could it be something to do with a lack of adblue in the buses? I know they say about "safe-mode" kicking in, just like with Lairds Enviro's all it might be something internal

Been hating Urban 90's since 2001Dodgy
If there was a lack of adblue, it would have been topped up. The buses will have been deliberately adjusted to be as powerful as they are in garage for whatever reason. It could be due to chronic unreliability with the vehicle, to preserve engine components or a number of other things. The whole 'safe mode' is a very rare scenario and it certainly wouldn't be something active for a prolonged period of time. The adblue would be topped up on the bus returning to depot.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
I had Pulsar 2 MX59 JJU (3028) on my 311 journey from Aintree to Skelmersdale this morning and Skelmersdale to Liverpool this afternoon. This bus rattles very badly and offers a rough ride. It's also slow off of the line - a poor vehicle for the roads, especially 40-MPH and 60-MPH roads on the 311 route and the many hills. However, its interior features minor vandalism and its exterior is in a satisfactory condition (minor wear and tear).

Had 7649 home on my 61 tonight, first time I have had this one for quite a while and what terrible vibrations this suffers from when idle, to be fair once going its not too bad but by then you are still shaing frm the vibrations.
I had Pulsar 2 MX12 KWN (3120) on my 311 journey from Skelmersdale to Old Roan this evening. I must say that this bus doesn't seem to have much power when going off of the line, however it was quite smooth, free of major vandalism and still looking good externally. However, compared to sister-bus MX12 KWV (3107), which seems to over-rev on each gear (making it super-fast!), this would definitely be shamed in a drag race...! Laugh

I was lucky enough to sample 3107 twice today on the 55 - in the morning between Netherton and Old Roan and in the evening vice-versa! It still looks fantastic externally and its interior is pretty-much free of vandalism, along with any rattles (providing a lovely ride).

The third bus that I rode on today was Pulsar 2 MX59 FFW (3018) on my 311 between Aintree and Skelmersdale this morning - sounds nice, fast off of the line and pretty-much a great ride-quality, although it does feature minor vandalism inside and I still haven't learned to bond with its interesting exterior...!

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)