Current time: 03/05/2024, 12:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(17/06/2012 17:49)mic Wrote:  only 1 change this week and that is that 60158 has been withdrawn

OH!!! :O WHY?! That one was cool! Sad
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/06/2012 19:34)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(17/06/2012 17:49)mic Wrote:  only 1 change this week and that is that 60158 has been withdrawn

OH!!! :O WHY?! That one was cool! Sad

no idea why
The Forthcoming Changes to the Bus Network document for the July meeting of Transport for Greater Manchester Committee is online now, which gives some more details on changes next month.

First changes are (some may have been mentioned before):
*12 - Service reduced to hourly and re-routed via Partington Lane to serve Swinton Civic Centre. Runs limited stop between Swinton and Salford Central.
*24 - Withdrawn. TfGM looking for either reduced hourly Mon-Sat daytime service or one peak-time journey each way (presumably continuing to/from Bacup)
*25 - Replaces Mon-Sat daytime 26 service, running hourly between Leigh and Manchester Piccadilly via Atherton, Tyldesley, Astley, Boothstown, Swinton and Pendleton. Service will run along Astley Street between Tyldesley and Astley.
*26 - Runs evenings and Sundays only, moving terminus to Piccadilly
*92 - Replaces service 138 running evenings only between Bury and Manchester via Pilsworth, Hollins, Unsworth, Prestwich and Carr Clough.
*93 - Reduced to every 30 mins with some journeys replaced by new services 92 and 94. Whitefield link withdrawn
*94 - Replaces some 93 journeys and 137/138. Runs daytime only between Bury and Manchester via Hollins, Unsworth, Prestwich and Carr Clough
*137/138 - Withdrawn, replaced by services 92, 94 and 149.
*149 - Re-routed between Cheetham Hill and Manchester via Tetlow Lane, Leicester Road, Great Cheetham Street East/West, Great Clowes Street and Blackfriars Road, partly replacing services 137 and 138. Evening and Sunday journeys to terminate at Alt Estate instead of Holts Estate.
*182 - Re-routed via Nuthurst Road replacing service 24. Continues every 30 mins
*610 - Extension to South Lancs Industrial Estate will run Mon-Sat daytime only, running every 20 mins

http://www.transportforgreatermanchester...us_network
I'd imagine that the 12, 25 and 26 will all be run by Bolton depot using the B7RLE's, if it was QS running it, i'd imagine that all three services would be terminating at shudehill
apparently first was in the papers today regarding depot sales saying they plan to sell english depots but i dont for one moment think this is true but am posting this just in case someone has seen this

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(17/06/2012 21:38)bolton bus basher Wrote:  apparently first was in the papers today regarding depot sales saying they plan to sell english depots but i dont for one moment think this is true but am posting this just in case someone has seen this

It's been said before and I'm gonna say it again, it's all a load of crap. Smile
i agree just a shame the same old people keep repeating themselves

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
What was omitted from the list of changes mentioned earlier was that the X34 is increased to every 30 minutes and most journeys are re-routed via Boothstown. So looks like in future the quickest way of getting from Leigh to Manchester will be 582 to Atherton, then train to Manchester. Not good for the largest town in the UK not on the rail network. If SLT have the resources, their best move would a Leigh - Manchester Express.
they would need to withdraw something to do that, you look that these changes they are making every time something is added to a route or a new route started another route is withdrawn to free buses up

If only there was somewhere else to store those preserved buses? That would free up space for five or six vehicles. Unless something bigger is planned.

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)