Current time: 06/05/2024, 06:04 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
I personally am of the opinion that gilesbus is slightly confused.
TfGM do indeed hate centre stairs, and have to grant dispensation for vehicles so fitted to operate (as correctly stated). However, Stagecoach Tridents do not have centre stairs - just a straight front staircase, which is not necessarily TfL spec.
A decent conversion and there is nothing TfGM could hold against them.

I know what I've seen with regards Wigan's fleet upgrade, it's come from my usual credible source and London Tridents will be replacing Wigan's Arrows and Olympians by summer.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(01/01/2013 21:53)MX12EOC Wrote:  Two of the new hybrids are going in service tomorrow on the 192! Big Grin I intend to travel on one of them! :3

I saw 12108 on route 192 on New Year's Day. I know it's an HE machine for routes 197 and 219, but it felt like the shape of things to come on route 192! I reckon all Stagecoach routes that day were from HE.

It could be helpful on January 27th to have route 42a run from Stagecoach. It will make up for route 197 being another operator (Finglands) and MegaRiders not being valid then.

I am probably going to Wigan in a couple of weeks so will sample the Stagecoachisation work in progress there. It is good that MegaRiders will be valid without a price increase to reflect this extension to the SM network.
(05/01/2013 06:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(01/01/2013 21:53)MX12EOC Wrote:  Two of the new hybrids are going in service tomorrow on the 192! Big Grin I intend to travel on one of them! :3

I saw 12108 on route 192 on New Year's Day. I know it's an HE machine for routes 197 and 219, but it felt like the shape of things to come on route 192! I reckon all Stagecoach routes that day were from HE.

It could be helpful on January 27th to have route 42a run from Stagecoach. It will make up for route 197 being another operator (Finglands) and MegaRiders not being valid then.

I am probably going to Wigan in a couple of weeks so will sample the Stagecoachisation work in progress there. It is good that MegaRiders will be valid without a price increase to reflect this extension to the SM network.

I wasn't about on New Years day but a good friend informed me that Hybrids were out on 330's and 216's from Ashton - as well as the usual 219. Were all the services on New Years day and indeed boxing day operated with Hybrids? or was it just the way they were interworked.
(05/01/2013 19:33)Mayneway Wrote:  I wasn't about on New Years day but a good friend informed me that Hybrids were out on 330's and 216's from Ashton - as well as the usual 219. Were all the services on New Years day and indeed boxing day operated with Hybrids? or was it just the way they were interworked.

Not all buses on New Year's Day were Hybrids. I saw an ordinary Enviro400 on route 192 heading south just before the Hybrid headed north. I stayed local on Boxing Day so didn't see any buses then.
(05/01/2013 19:33)Mayneway Wrote:  
(05/01/2013 06:44)Metroline1511 Wrote:  

I wasn't about on New Years day but a good friend informed me that Hybrids were out on 330's and 216's from Ashton - as well as the usual 219. Were all the services on New Years day and indeed boxing day operated with Hybrids? or was it just the way they were interworked.

So some hybrids have moved to Ashton now? The plot thickens LOL
Not quite Ace Smile
On Boxing day and New years day all services were run by Hyde road and Sharston??, Ashton depot was shut.
Wish I'd have known about the hybrids though as would have made an effort to travel on one or two on the more unusual routes.
HE & SH open on Boxing Day - HE running the 192, 216 and 330, SH running the 22, 23 & 23A.

HE only open on New Year's Day.
Hi all,
took a picture of an ALX300 MAN in the dark at Wigan yesterday. I think the reg begins with SF or SP, does anyone know which vehicle or vehcles this could be? if it helps it had been or was about to work on a #610 service...

Thanks in advance,

ANW 2283

Previously marcus T

Darting across the NW and Midlands...Smile

Starting to put a moves book together...

http://www.ipernity.com/blog/bontybermo
(06/01/2013 13:12)ANW 2283 Wrote:  Hi all,
took a picture of an ALX300 MAN in the dark at Wigan yesterday. I think the reg begins with SF or SP, does anyone know which vehicle or vehcles this could be? if it helps it had been or was about to work on a #610 service...

Thanks in advance,

It be one of 22400-7 which are registered SP06 DAO/U, DBO/U/V/X/Y/Z
Hi guys,

There is ALX300/MAN is on 632 service today at 15.07pm is 22102 with hanover LED(as you know that one). But Any idea on 631, which bus type on that route?

Thank,

Martyn

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)