Current time: 02/05/2024, 00:47 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(02/01/2013 10:45)gilbert Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 06:43)ace Wrote:  
(01/01/2013 23:38)MX12EOC Wrote:  I hope to beat you in this challenge :p Bring it on. :3

Should be good. Smile I'll keep you updated with my progress and let's see who gets there first. I might even meet you along the way. Smile

How will either of you prove that you are first?Wave

Good question LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/01/2013 16:28)SLTRegular Wrote:  Can ex London Stagecoach Tridents be used on TFGM work? As ive never seen Stagecoach Manchester using them? Also Whats happened to the Rumour of the Hull Presidents coming back to Manchester is there anything in that rumour?

Rumour has it that they're going to Wigan! It's supposedly going on a (stagecoach in the works planning) Wigan - Liverpool (X10 I think Sundays being 10S) route, that should take around 80 mins
(02/01/2013 19:49)ace Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 10:45)gilbert Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 06:43)ace Wrote:  Should be good. Smile I'll keep you updated with my progress and let's see who gets there first. I might even meet you along the way. Smile

How will either of you prove that you are first?Wave

Good question LOL

Depending on how you travel [ie single fare/dayrider etc], buy a single ticket on each hybrid, the ticket obviously acts as proof as it has the fleetnumber and the date/time.

Other that that you could perhaps take a photo of the fleet number plate next to the drivers cab. This was dosen't prove you have travelled on the bus, but have been on the bus to take the photo of the fleet number Idea
Volvo B7RLE's 21236/7 are on ythe list as going now to Rock Ferry Depot with the take-over there a week on Sunday.

Also a V---DND Scania from First Manchester's Bolton depot will also go to Rock Ferry Depot to replace an S---BFS due to transfer which has been written off.
(02/01/2013 23:31)Mayneway Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 19:49)ace Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 10:45)gilbert Wrote:  How will either of you prove that you are first?Wave

Good question LOL

Depending on how you travel [ie single fare/dayrider etc], buy a single ticket on each hybrid, the ticket obviously acts as proof as it has the fleetnumber and the date/time.

Other that that you could perhaps take a photo of the fleet number plate next to the drivers cab. This was dosen't prove you have travelled on the bus, but have been on the bus to take the photo of the fleet number Idea

I think the photo idea is probably rather cheaper LOL after all, not much point buying a mega-rider if you're just going to continue to buy single fare tickets.
(03/01/2013 06:41)ace Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 23:31)Mayneway Wrote:  
(02/01/2013 19:49)ace Wrote:  Good question LOL

I think the photo idea is probably rather cheaper LOL after all, not much point buying a mega-rider if you're just going to continue to buy single fare tickets.

Yup :p
(02/01/2013 16:28)SLTRegular Wrote:  Can ex London Stagecoach Tridents be used on TFGM work? As ive never seen Stagecoach Manchester using them? Also Whats happened to the Rumour of the Hull Presidents coming back to Manchester is there anything in that rumour?

Hull Presidents were never coming back.

Of course TfL spec deckers are permitted on TfGM work - just look at the Dennis Arrows and where they started life! Stagecoach Tridents are a lot closer to provincial spec than the Arrows as well.
No London deckers are not permitted on TfGM work those at Arriva and the Arrows where given special dispensation.

FirstGroup had looked at transfering in Tridents from London but it was rejected.

It is in relation to the position of staircases, and thats why Arrows do not normally operate TfGM normal service tenders but are restricted to Schools and Commercials, same with Arriva's DLA's.

In other words dispensation can be given for schools but not normal route tenders.

I was told by someone at FirstGroup that GMPTe at the time where not happy about the staircase position on the Arrows.

I guess it was a matter of accept them or accept older vehicles on schools hence the special dispensation to use them.

There is no rules in place however that says they cannot be used on commercials, thats due to operator choice, including commercial schools, of which there is a small number.

If anything is due from London for Manchester its more likely to be something commercial (normal fleet) or MagicBus Work as it has been before not for school work unless some sort of dispensation to use them is granted again.

Another example of how strict TfGM are is in relation to the only minor appearnce of ex Dublin Deckers with only Bullocks in a minor way, again due to specifications. I am sure others would have used them if they where permitted widely due to there relative modern age compaired with many UK specification buses available at the time.
Service changes for 27 January posted on Stagecoach website:

*11/11A - Times changed on peak journeys (mornings to Altrincham, afternoons to Stockport)
*42 - The 0625 Sunday journey from Stockport is re-timed to run 5 mins earlier
*42A - Stagecoach takes over Sunday service from Arriva
*43 - Sunday daytime service increased to every 15 mins
*50 - Times changed with more weekday morning journeys to Salford Quays
*76 - Weekday morning journeys re-timed, while 1835 journey from Manchester is extended to Oldham
*99 - The schoolday journey at 0845 to Manchester is withdrawn
*101/104 - Times changed
*105 - Times changed with service re-routed via Higher Cambridge St in Manchester and omitting Wythenshawe Forum
*108/109 - Times changed
*142 - Additional Friday night/Saturday morning journeys introduced
*171 - Journeys that terminate at Green End are extended to Lane End Road
*179 - Afternoon journeys re-timed
*192 - Times changed with additional early evening journeys from Manchester
*197 - Weekday morning journeys re-timed
*204 - 0736 weekday journey from Hyde re-timed with more running time
*206 - The 0717 weekday journey from Manchester is re-timed to run at 0705. Additional weekday journey at 0725 from Manchester to Gorton (Tesco)
*207 - The 0717 weekday journey from Gee Cross is re-timed to run at 0705 with more running time
*231 - The 1854 weekday journey from Littlemoss to Manchester is re-timed to run at 1823 from Ashton
*236/237 - Weekday morning journey re-timed
*255 - The 0740 weekday journey from Manchester is re-timed to run at 0735 and 0821 weekday journey from Partington re-timed to run at 0826
*325 - Sunday journey at 1020 withdrawn and replaced by journeys at 1010 and 1030
*370 - Minor timetable changes
*374 - Stagecoach take over Monday-Saturday evening service from M Travel
*X57 - Some journeys re-timed.

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/serviceupda...px?Id=6394
(04/01/2013 22:21)gilesbus1 Wrote:  No London deckers are not permitted on TfGM work those at Arriva and the Arrows where given special dispensation.

FirstGroup had looked at transfering in Tridents from London but it was rejected.

It is in relation to the position of staircases, and thats why Arrows do not normally operate TfGM normal service tenders but are restricted to Schools and Commercials, same with Arriva's DLA's.

In other words dispensation can be given for schools but not normal route tenders.

I was told by someone at FirstGroup that GMPTe at the time where not happy about the staircase position on the Arrows.

I guess it was a matter of accept them or accept older vehicles on schools hence the special dispensation to use them.

There is no rules in place however that says they cannot be used on commercials, thats due to operator choice, including commercial schools, of which there is a small number.

If anything is due from London for Manchester its more likely to be something commercial (normal fleet) or MagicBus Work as it has been before not for school work unless some sort of dispensation to use them is granted again.

Another example of how strict TfGM are is in relation to the only minor appearnce of ex Dublin Deckers with only Bullocks in a minor way, again due to specifications. I am sure others would have used them if they where permitted widely due to there relative modern age compaired with many UK specification buses available at the time.

Going off subject very slightly, i remember a good few years ago being told GMPTE took a very big dislike to the Dragons, the story went something along the lines of someone quite senior at GMPTE telling Stagecoach that under no circumstances were the Dragons to be used on any PTE contracts. Dont know how true it is.

I would imagine TFGM would be fine about ex London stuff being used on schools as they are apparently keen for all contracted school services to become low floor, this would seem the case as Stott's are slowly switching to using ex Stagecoach London deckers on school work, and im told they will be recieving more over the next few months.

User(s) browsing this thread: 29 Guest(s)