Current time: 02/06/2024, 04:33 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

JPT Bus Company
RE: JPT Bus Company
Not sure how long this happened but noticed that JPT's Facebook page has gone. An unofficial one has started up but has no connection with the company.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
the unofficial one (if its the one your thinking of) has been there a while but has gotten popular since the real one was deleted

on another note now they got no facebook and no website i bet its a pain to get in contact with them now

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(19/12/2012 11:39)Polo Mint Wrote:  It is a shame because as soon as they entered the route First offered the £2.50 Daysaver and turned ultra reliable on the route (pre-road works).
It had to be at least a year after JPT started running the 17 that First dropped their fares. It's when JPT started actually picking up on their service, attacking the Rochdale stretch and increased to every 10 minutes between Middleton and Manchester that First saw the competition as deadly serious. First's reliability on the service though, I must say, stayed more or less the same - and that was good. I was always very impressed with the quality of service on the 17/18.
(19/12/2012 11:39)Polo Mint Wrote:  As First pretty much matched fares and offered double the frequency with bigger and more modern vehicles then noone had much incentive to go on JPT, I certainly ddin't want to get on a tiny Enviro 200 with people coughing all over me.
At this point people will have started to take JPT less serious as their buses just weren't up to scratch. I completely agree here, MPD's, mini Enviro200's and Primo's just didn't suffice on a trunk route that they were supposed to be giving a big image to.
(19/12/2012 11:39)Polo Mint Wrote:  Of course JPT obviously have to compete on almost every commercial route they operate, but replicating major companies routes seemed dangerous. Maybe they should have gone down Hollin Lane and then up Bolton Road then up to Rochdale.
It wasn't the Rochdale run that they were competing on properly, I think really it was just to bring their image to another town that. They never would have made much money on that corridor anyway because people often travel across town there, so need a First/System One Ticket. It's the same story for Oldham - there can never be good competition here until some companies introduce cross-town services.
(19/12/2012 11:39)Polo Mint Wrote:  As mentioned earlier Borshaw seems like a possibililty, route 64 is hardly an ideal link to Manchester, or potentially the Cheetham Hill Road corridoor has some opporunities.
The 64 route needs a lot of work doing to it in my opinion - areas served by that route anyway.

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
Yep, the cheap fares came only after JPT entered the Rochdale market.

The 64 is an obscure route in my opinion and probably would be best off split up. A new Manchester-Middleton-Boarshaw service to replace the 64 and 12 would appear to make sense I reckon, Aren't those services tendered/subsidised though? Surely Heaton Park, Blackley and Dam Head could have a circular service, perhaps calling at NMGH then onto Manchester?

What are your thoughts?
https://www.facebook.com/jptbus

JPT are back people, i have to admit i missed the page Smile

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(28/12/2012 23:21)bolton bus basher Wrote:  https://www.facebook.com/jptbus

JPT are back people, i have to admit i missed the page Smile

Minus half the negative comments that caused the page to get taken down in the first place.
It's got to be one of the most censored bus company pages on Facebook.
If you can't stand negative feedback why have a Facebook page?
How did it just dissappear to begin with? Did Facebook remove it for violating rules?

Lets face it, no matter what company has a page, most will use it to complain rather than complement.
There's an option within the page administration panel to restrict the viewing to just 'page admins'.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
(29/12/2012 18:29)Polo Mint Wrote:  How did it just dissappear to begin with? Did Facebook remove it for violating rules?

Lets face it, no matter what company has a page, most will use it to complain rather than complement.

In the days before the page was removed, there was a number of negative comments about various issues [mostly the poor service on the 17!] so i would guess JPT decided to 'shut' the page rather than remove the comments, wait a few weeks and then open the page again minus the negative comments that shut it in the first place!

I agree. For a smaller company its a great way for passengers to keep in contact with them, however with any public service, there will be negative comments as well as positives.
I think one of the big problems with the page was the number of comments and queries that were not being answered as it could be weeks or even several months between checks on the page. A lot of queries were actually being answered by other passengers and enthusiasts, which tbh, isn't very professional looking!

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)