Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
Inspectors will no doubt change them over as its inspectors they are using to travel everywhere to pick up buses from scotland etc.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wonder whether the LEDs on the buses based at Chester/Wrexham will all be programmed with Wirral routes, and Rock Ferry with Chester routes etc...
(23/12/2012 14:21)Penny Return Wrote:  On changeover will drivers take older buses to gillmoss for a newie or vice versa

The swapping of vehicles is normally carried-out by Managers, Inspectors & Engineering staff.

I expect there to be some movement over the xmas period.
(23/12/2012 19:18)First Class Wrote:  Wonder whether the LEDs on the buses based at Chester/Wrexham will all be programmed with Wirral routes, and Rock Ferry with Chester routes etc...

Currently first chester and wirral do this - all the buses with hanover and brighttech flipdot displays, and hanover and brighttech LED displays are programmed with Rock Ferry, Chester and Wrexham routes. I have a photo of 60106 parked in Rock Ferry with 'YB4 BWS YSGOL' on the front the day after it was fitted with hanovers- its just easy that way to shift around the buses as and when required!

I am no longer active on this forum.
(23/12/2012 20:17)WhiteVanMan Wrote:  
(23/12/2012 14:21)Penny Return Wrote:  On changeover will drivers take older buses to gillmoss for a newie or vice versa

The swapping of vehicles is normally carried-out by Managers, Inspectors & Engineering staff.

I expect there to be some movement over the xmas period.

With the Amount of buses i think drivers might get overtime to drive the buses over and bring one back. Thats what they did when bringin the enviros back up from london. The drivers who drove them down in london drove them back up
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The Olympics were a very different situation though.

Given how First acted with Wigan, there will be no movement over the Xmas period, and not until the handover date will we see vehicles moving.

I would imagine that regular drivers will move the vehicles over, as is normal when moving between depots, but they may not bring anything back to GM due to not being type trained.
60055 broken down on Woodchurch Road before it had started service, mechanic in attendance.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not sure how Stagecoach South Lancashire & Merseyside do things but I know for certain that it was a mixture of Inspectors and Drivers that brough the MANs for Stagecoach Wigan from Scotland to Stagecoach Manchester's Hyde Road Depot for Storage and then I think it was Engineering Staff that took them up to Wigan Depot but could be wrong
66701 is working off Rock Ferry,as an ugly looking luggage rack in the centre of the bus

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(13/12/2012 12:26)R874 ERE Wrote:  Even running cross river buses into liverpool one bus station rather than just to whitechapel would be an improvement!

The problem with the bus station in Liverpool is that Merseytravel allocate slots there like an airport would so the likelihood of it accepting the volume of buses which come through the tunnel is non-existent. It is full already at some times of day. If a smaller company wanted to run an off-peak service every hour or similar they would no doubt get in but an extra 20+ buses an hour will never happen.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)