Current time: 25/04/2024, 13:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: First Chester & Wirral
When First bus ran their 32/33, on the main they ran empty. But maybe with Stagecoach it might do better.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
When Firstbus did run the 32/33 it was just being done as a spoiler , this time maybe Stagecoach would look at the Arriva timetable and have a more even fit , this could then be the start of another of the QBP's that seem to be in vogue these days .
Maybe Stagecoach could link the two X2's up, similar to the old Crosville/North Western X8. Operating Preston-Southport-Liverpool-Ellesmere Port-Chester?

Just an idea!
The current Preston - Liverpool route had to be broken up due to drivers hours cos of how long it is so I doubt it.
It wasn't drivers hours that caused the split, it's distance; kept at full length, they'd have had to have used tachographs for that service which can be expensive to implement! I agree that an extension to Chester is unlikely though.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
It would be madness. But I thought there were now limits on the length of normal stopping services - hence the carving up of the Cymru Coastliner a number of years back..
Its another case of watch this space , im sure stagecoach when they eventually take up the reins will want to make there mark , they will be looking at the routes they already have that arent part of a QBP and seeing how they can improve them .

Just think a couple of years ago we didnt have Stagecoach at all in the area and everybody thought First should have moved into Liverpool properly not just on crossriver work.
I wonder if we'll ever see more "joined up" routes, e.g. Wirral-Kirkby/ Wirral-Bootle etc...

I've always thought a Wirral-Airport service would be beneficial.
I dont know whether Stagecoach are like Arriva and prefer to operate routes from only one depots enabling the management at that depot to know what the route is doing overall.

The prime example was the Arriva 48A when it operated to Liverpool Airport , Southport operated it when a joint Southport / Speke operation could have made a more efficient use of vehicles instead of buses either last buses departing one end of the route quite early or buses running empty from Liverpool Airport to southport.

At times joint operations between depots have benefits .
(13/12/2012 12:15)First Class Wrote:  I wonder if we'll ever see more "joined up" routes, e.g. Wirral-Kirkby/ Wirral-Bootle etc...

I've always thought a Wirral-Airport service would be beneficial.

Even running cross river buses into liverpool one bus station rather than just to whitechapel would be an improvement!

Who knows, im sure they have some good plans. What first have at the moment is a good backbone to start off with. Presumably theyll start by improving the routes they already have then hopefully expand - its a shame to see how crosville on the wirral has scaled down!

I am no longer active on this forum.

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)