Current time: 05/05/2024, 03:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
Been a couple of Stagecoach buses out on hire on Bluebird routes in the last few days. 34057 was on the 112 yesterday with paper displays in the front window, as the route wasn't programmed. However, the 80 has been programmed in on the Darts, which have been used for the last few days.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Wigan will receive 30 buses over the weekend from stagecoach and the date for the takeover has been confirmed 2nd December!
(21/11/2012 19:45)SF07 Wrote:  Been a couple of Stagecoach buses out on hire on Bluebird routes in the last few days. 34057 was on the 112 yesterday with paper displays in the front window, as the route wasn't programmed. However, the 80 has been programmed in on the Darts, which have been used for the last few days.

33084 was on the 112 tonight. Do these routes now belong to Stagecoach or are they still under Bluebird? If still under Bluebird, presumably such things as Megariders, etc would not be accepted on them.
(21/11/2012 21:11)GmBusesNorth Wrote:  Wigan will receive 30 buses over the weekend from stagecoach and the date for the takeover has been confirmed 2nd December!

Are these the buses that have arrived from elsewhere plus some of those in reserve or something else?
(15/11/2012 11:23)M60lad Wrote:  Not sure how true this is but Darts due to go on loan to Bluebird (Chadderton) are the following:

33084, 33087, 33090, 33094, 34054, 34057, 34080

Info recieved by a good reliable friend of mine

And 33091 too
(21/11/2012 21:49)ace Wrote:  
(21/11/2012 19:45)SF07 Wrote:  Been a couple of Stagecoach buses out on hire on Bluebird routes in the last few days. 34057 was on the 112 yesterday with paper displays in the front window, as the route wasn't programmed. However, the 80 has been programmed in on the Darts, which have been used for the last few days.

33084 was on the 112 tonight. Do these routes now belong to Stagecoach or are they still under Bluebird? If still under Bluebird, presumably such things as Megariders, etc would not be accepted on them.

Still Bluebird. There was a piece of paper stuck on the front window with 'On hire to Bluebird Buses' on the 112 yesterday.
All the loaned Darts to Bluebird have on hire notices on them, one thing I have noticed though is that the loaned Darts seem to be sticking to 80/112s with the odd one sighted on 151, I haven't seen a loan bus yet on 44, 77 or any other route Bluebird operate maybe this is so their not confusing passengers by putting loaned bus in Stagecoach livery on a route that operates in Stagecoach territory and confusing passengers as I dont think Bluebird are issuing or accepting Stagecoach tickets yet
Stagecoach have hired five of the reserve fleet to Bluebird to cover a severe shortage of buses they have available. They have quite a lot that have problems, to the point that some are at Stagecoach depots for repairs to help with the backlog.

The "on hire" notices are completely illegal anyway as they don't have the proper legal lettering (address) on them and they are not in the correct place.

This is not tied in with the takeover, as Bluebird are paying for the hires and repairs.
There seemed to be a few ticket issues yesterday at Stagecoach, 3 of the buses I travelled on (all AZ buses). They were unable to issue adult Day Riders. Not sure if it was just day riders although one passenger asked for a mega rider and was told to 'get one later'.

I've noticed a number of drivers who seem to refuse to do mega riders, intact one driver based at AZ has refused to do me one on 4 different occasions now despite being early and me having the correct money.
Is this a ploy by stagecoach to get everyone to switch too getting them over the Internet or us it just lazy drivers?
I''d report that particular driver - there's no excuse unless he's run out of wallets, but to run out of wallets on 4 different occasions? I don't think so...

User(s) browsing this thread: 92 Guest(s)