Current time: 05/05/2024, 22:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester
(04/11/2012 21:17)gilbert Wrote:  There's plenty of MAN's already in reserve that could be utilised there.

That's if any of them are any good. No use sending the same rubbish that's already there LOL
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I know I may sound naive, but what's with all this 'non-standard' stuff? The engineers at Wigan still know what they're looking for when it comes to the vehicles. When you talk about 'non-standard' that implies that the B9TL's will be withdrawn for disposal because they aren't 'standard' in the fleet! Honestly, things probably won't change as much as we think, unless things are in dire need of doing so - in that case, Arrows and Excels are priorities for removal. Smile

Thanks,
Liam Moskwin.

[Image: 10p9e80.gif]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/transportandtreasures/
(04/11/2012 22:18)ace Wrote:  
(04/11/2012 21:17)gilbert Wrote:  There's plenty of MAN's already in reserve that could be utilised there.

That's if any of them are any good. No use sending the same rubbish that's already there LOL

Some of the older ones are better than many of the X regs
(05/11/2012 00:37)gilbert Wrote:  
(04/11/2012 22:18)ace Wrote:  

Some of the older ones are better than many of the X regs

True Smile
Just heard there are 5 mans coming being collected from Ayr and Kilmarnock tomorrow and 8 from Aberdeen on Saturday
I don't know about MANs from Western, but they have 5 04 plate Darts parked up for transfer at Ayr and Kilmarnock.
(04/11/2012 21:12)Metroline1511 Wrote:  
(04/11/2012 16:33)ace Wrote:  If there's another batch of cascades from London coming, then wouldn't it make more sense to send them to Wigan along with the other London ones already in Manchester? None of these have been painted into Magic yet so it would save a lot of time and expense as they are already Stagecoach Livery. I can see your point about the East Lancs types but I think there's only about 4 or 5 of them in Manchester on Magic as they are mostly Olympians and Tridents.

Some Tridents in the 17400s have just been withdrawn from London service. Maybe some of these could come to Wigan, joined early next year by other ex-London examples currently at Stockport once E400Hs come for route 192. Some mixed MAN/Enviro400 routes at Stockport such as the 368 and 369 could go all-Enviro400, releasing some MANs to Wigan to replace non-standard types such as Excels and B10BLEs.
The Tridents now being released in London are owned by leasing companies, that's not to say S/C couldn't buy them if they wanted to but bear in mind that they are fairly 'Hammered' and there is not the same incentive for S/C to cascade these vehicles.
As a purist I am disappointed that S/C wil be acquiring Wright B7RLE & B9 from First, a pity they could not be moved out of Wigan before sale.
As far as I know, and this seems to be the general consensus too, anything in London pre-2003 is owned by Stagecoach; 03 plates and newer are leased.
The darts are coming from Ayr and Killy tomorrow and they are 34599, 34603,34604,34596 and then from Aberdeen on sat its 22351,353,354,355,357,358
(05/11/2012 19:07)StageStig Wrote:  The darts are coming from Ayr and Killy tomorrow and they are 34599, 34603,34604,34596 and then from Aberdeen on sat its 22351,353,354,355,357,358

Are these for Hyde Road?

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)