Current time: 04/05/2024, 18:34 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
RE: Arriva North West - St Helens Depot
Renown X702 DBT (2702) was on the 395 this afternoon - not seen one on this service for a while!

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
2696 on 35/35A.
Find all posts by this user
Arriva making up there own Sunday timetables again on the 352. The 13:27 departure through orrell ran 3 EARLY!!!! and the 13:35 ran 8 late.

In comparison

4101 on the 375 a much longer route prone to longer delays and larger loads because they use timetables ran 3 late and had a very decent sunday loading in comparison to the Pulsars that where running half empty to there own TT.
2 workings hardly dictate that all of a sudden every driver on the 352 of a Sunday is 'making up their own timetable' though. Remember also that the 352 is prone to exactly the same delays running from Wigan through to Orrell Post as the 375/385. Regarding the early running, well, obviously that shouldn't happen (outside of the TC's 1 minute ruling of course) but again, one occurrence is hardly a fair reflection.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]
2708 just leaving St Helens now on 10A.
678 on the 20 earlier.
2713 was also on the 10A earlier today.

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
(15/10/2012 16:34)sumner Wrote:  678 on the 20 earlier.

The smaller solos seem to regularly pop up on there. The 156 has seen more lately since Arriva have lost the evening service also. I do wish that St Helens would keep them on the 35/A and 312 as they are far too small for any other route.

The cadets seemed to be spreading there legs a bit today with 2493/2495 on the 320 and 2491 on the 620. This meant that the 329 saw 2707 and the 37/38 had 7644 and 2346 on it. The only cadet on the 37/38 today was replaced by a interurban liveried pulsar 2 at some point during the day.

Ah thanks Chris, I've seen the older and new Solos on the 156 a few times but first time on the 20. Wouldn't the smaller Solo's also suit the 36/36A, more so than the 35/35A. Either way, shocking that they get used on 32/33, 676 and 677 on 32A's today!

There was a Cadet on the 37 at about 4 this afternoon, also what I've noticed about the Cadets is how unclear the rear LED displays are, never noticed it before.
Chris, the Cadet on there was 2496 (much much improved since I last had it and now a lovely bus, by the way!) and it did depart on the 17.00 38 to Rainford so the earlier the P2 (3025) would have replaced it is on the 17.50 37 which is the last run on that board before the 356 so I think it may have been just a swap for late 356s?

Jack, the 58 reg Solos, to me, really are only suitable in St Helens for the 35/A. when they tried them on the 36/A, they received a torrent of abuse from residents in the paper demanding their Darts back!! As for the Cadets, yeah some of them are really bad for clarity! Particularly the ones which have smoke stained rear ends. You tend to find that the examples which have had replacement glass on the rear LED unit are easier to see, though.

[Image: 1chYP.jpg]

User(s) browsing this thread: 19 Guest(s)