Current time: 19/04/2024, 06:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Bootle Depot
2519 was on the 61 today. The 61 seemed to be mostly single deckers from what I noted, infact in the entire hour I spent observing the 61 I only noted one double deckers (DAF 4095).

Justice is finally here. Rest In Peace the 96, You'll Never Walk Alone.

P309 HEM|N587 CKA|Y721 KNF|N302 CKB|X223 ANC
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/09/2012 20:23)V671 DVU Wrote:  2519 was on the 61 today. The 61 seemed to be mostly single deckers from what I noted, infact in the entire hour I spent observing the 61 I only noted one double deckers (DAF 4095).
Some DAF/ALX400s seem to be at Bolton at the moment. Apparently, some are going there to replace their Palatine 2s, so maybe some of Bootle's new Pulsar 2s will/have see-off some 'deckers for them...?

View my new Flickr Wave Updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I seen Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) "dead" today on Northway in Skelmersdale; this bus had been on the 311 this morning. A lot of seats appeared to have been dismantled, so I presume that it could have been an issue with its fuel pump...? (I'm not a mechanical genius - that suggestion is a result of past experience!) Either Marshall V643 DVU (7643) or DAF/ALX400 S273 JUA (4093) replaced it - I'm 95% sure that it was the latter. Interestingly, 7643 hasn't transferred to Southport... YET! Along with that unusual sighting, 4093 on the 311, a green-themed Cadet was also on the 311. (It wasn't DK55 FXD (2519) because that was on the 53A.)

On the subject of the 311, Moss Lane in Lydiate was closed this morning and earlier this afternoon (presumably due to flooding). The diversionary route differed - my bus this morning diverted from Southport Road to Northway via Sandy Lane, Lambshear Road and Liverpool Road and my bus this afternoon diverted "directly" via Liverpool Road from Northway without serving Southport Road... Needless to say, the driver of sluggish Plaxton Pointer 2 X233 ANC (2233) this afternoon finished in Aintree on that journey (an obvious reason why the diversionary route was "direct")!

"New" Pulsar 2 MX12 KVF (3116) was on the 55 this morning. I had the pleasure of MX12 KVC (3113) on the 55 this morning - again, few rattles and squeaks meant that it offered a peaceful and pleasant ride.

Still relatively unusual sighting of 4094 on the 54 today.
(25/09/2012 14:20)27701 Wrote:  I seen Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) "dead" today on Northway in Skelmersdale; this bus had been on the 311 this morning. A lot of seats appeared to have been dismantled, so I presume that it could have been an issue with its fuel pump...? (I'm not a mechanical genius - that suggestion is a result of past experience!) Either Marshall V643 DVU (7643) or DAF/ALX400 S273 JUA (4093) replaced it - I'm 95% sure that it was the latter. Interestingly, 7643 hasn't transferred to Southport... YET! Along with that unusual sighting, 4093 on the 311, a green-themed Cadet was also on the 311. (It wasn't DK55 FXD (2519) because that was on the 53A.)

On the subject of the 311, Moss Lane in Lydiate was closed this morning and earlier this afternoon (presumably due to flooding). The diversionary route differed - my bus this morning diverted from Southport Road to Northway via Sandy Lane, Lambshear Road and Liverpool Road and my bus this afternoon diverted "directly" via Liverpool Road from Northway without serving Southport Road... Needless to say, the driver of sluggish Plaxton Pointer 2 X233 ANC (2233) this afternoon finished in Aintree on that journey (an obvious reason why the diversionary route was "direct")!

"New" Pulsar 2 MX12 KVF (3116) was on the 55 this morning. I had the pleasure of MX12 KVC (3113) on the 55 this morning - again, few rattles and squeaks meant that it offered a peaceful and pleasant ride.

Could 2228 have been through a flood and stalled as parts of maghull are flooded including northway switch island and sefton lane due to the river alt having burst its banks sefton lane being the worst hit with several houses flooded out.
(25/09/2012 14:40)MX12CFE Wrote:  
(25/09/2012 14:20)27701 Wrote:  I seen Plaxton Pointer 2 X228 ANC (2228) "dead" today on Northway in Skelmersdale; this bus had been on the 311 this morning. A lot of seats appeared to have been dismantled, so I presume that it could have been an issue with its fuel pump...? (I'm not a mechanical genius - that suggestion is a result of past experience!)
Could 2228 have been through a flood and stalled as parts of maghull are flooded including northway switch island and sefton lane due to the river alt having burst its banks sefton lane being the worst hit with several houses flooded out.
I don't think so. There was no flood-water on the road where it was parked, although there were a few deep puddles along the route that could have effected it...? As I said before, I'm not a mechanical expert, so I don't know if water would effect a bus' performance!

Interurbanised Euro-spec 3117 (MX12 KWK) SB200/Pulsar2 seen in Kirkdale today, on route 56.
3118 (MX12 KWL) and 3119 (MX12 KWM) are another two new additions to Bootle's fleet.

Both seen in service today.
3120 is another one, seen it working either 53 at lunchtime.
(27/09/2012 14:20)mathias Wrote:  3118 (MX12 KWL) and 3119 (MX12 KWM) are another two new additions to Bootle's fleet.

Both seen in service today.
Also, MX12 KWN (3120) was on the 53A today - with 3118. I had a ride on 3118 and it was OK, but I only had it for a few minutes and the driver was slow. I also had MX12 KWW (3108) again today and this is the worst one that I've rode on so far (out of the "newbies"). It rattled a lot, despite it sounding very nice. The driver agreed about the rattling - "give it six months and they'll be falling to bits" (like the rest of them)! LOL

I had Plaxton Pointer 2 T324 PNB (2324) on my 311 today - there and back. This bus rattles a lot and it doesn't sound "powerful", but it was alright! Nice to see one still going - I haven't seen the rest of them for a few days...

Regarding the 68, I've seen a few faces that transferred with the 68 a few months ago back in Bootle and a few new faces are now on the 68... Strange!

MPTE1955 beat me to 3120 - I took too long to reply! LOL

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)