Current time: 08/05/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Merseyrail
RE: Merseyrail
(16/02/2022 23:51)507022 Wrote:  After about six weeks out of service, 507002 was back out today on the West Kirby line
Good to see it back out and repaired. I was on it today on the West Kirby line, saw it couple to 508103 at West Kirby as well.

Any idea what is the situation with 507008 - seems to have been in the same position on Kirkdale depot all week, I first noticed it last Saturday?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Warning for storm related issues on Friday afternoon

https://www.merseyrail.org/
Services were disrupted on the Ormskirk line on Friday afternoon after a car was driven at speed through the level crossing at Maghull while the barriers were in the down position, destroying the barriers and leaving them strewn across the tracks. Trains were terminating and starting back from Aintree and started going back up to Ormskirk a short time later with rail staff signalling the trains by hand over Maghull level crossing with trains sounding their horns on approach and Police closing the road.
3 more 777s are moving across from Poland next week, over two nights
777049 is one of the three 777s coming over next Wednesday. I’ll post the numbers of the others later if I can find out
(09/03/2022 23:54)507022 Wrote:  777049 is one of the three 777s coming over next Wednesday. I’ll post the numbers of the others later if I can find out

Where are these units heading for-Crewe?
Is 049 one of the battery units?
Not sure where 049 will be heading to although my guess would be possibly kirkdale for testing on the power.

As for the battery units I think its 777001 - 006 that are the vattery units, this being based on 002 being driven on battery power when it was demonstrated at long marston i believe it was.
(12/03/2022 12:38)508134 Wrote:  Where are these units heading for-Crewe?
Is 049 one of the battery units?

All three are coming to Crewe on Wednesday morning, two are then going forward Wednesday night and the third on Thursday night.
777049 isn’t a battery unit. Basically all the odd numbers are built in Poland and the even numbers are from Switzerland. All the battery ones are from Switzerland so I’m guessing the battery ones could be 040/42/44/46/48/50/52, but time will tell!
(12/03/2022 16:56)313201 Wrote:  Not sure where 049 will be heading to although my guess would be possibly kirkdale for testing on the power.

As for the battery units I think its 777001 - 006 that are the vattery units, this being based on 002 being driven on battery power when it was demonstrated at long marston i believe it was.

All the units have battery power for use in sidings etc.
But seven of the 53 will have long range batteries for working to Headbolt Lane and I think that is what you’re referring to - they will probably be the last to be delivered. In due course, if extensions to Burscough, Neston and Skem go ahead all the rest will be retrospectively fitted with long range batteries
(12/03/2022 17:04)507022 Wrote:  All three are coming to Crewe on Wednesday morning, two are then going forward Wednesday night and the third on Thursday night.
777049 isn’t a battery unit. Basically all the odd numbers are built in Poland and the even numbers are from Switzerland. All the battery ones are from Switzerland so I’m guessing the battery ones could be 040/42/44/46/48/50/52, but time will tell!

It seems as though it will be 777013, 777015 and 777049 coming this week, according to this post on instagram below showing the 3 units being transported in Briesen, Germany;
https://www.instagram.com/p/CbA6sbMLPZp/

I wonder why 049 has been selected to arrive, seems out-of-sync with the other units delivered so far?

User(s) browsing this thread: 13 Guest(s)