Current time: 16/04/2024, 18:02 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Flixbus UK
RE: Flixbus UK
Top tip
Change to international English then tickets are sold in Euros and all tickets are 1 Euro with no booking fee.
Unlike if you use English they charge From £1 plus £1 booking fee.
So I just got my ticket for £1.10 with paypal fees over £4.99 plus £1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(04/05/2021 11:26)iMarkeh Wrote:  For anyone who really wants to buy a single ticket in advance, Arriva are now selling bus tickets via Flixbus for the airport buses in Liverpool. Not sure how pleased I would be to turn up at the bus stop to then find out that I was being put on a normal service bus rather than a coach or higher spec bus.

Additional partnerships seem to now be Oxford Bus Company on their Airline route.

Have you been on one of the new coaches? Think a service bus is better are more leg room. 57 seats for a standard size coach that would be 49 with most coach firms.
From Friday May 21th New Routes Added
Manchester / Stoke on Trent / London
Liverpool / Warrington / Birmingham / London
Liverpool / Chester / Birmingham / London
Have to say I had 1 issue of a no show and 2 cancel services with no refunds but credit given. And had customer care close chats on me when a service was hour late turning up.

But looking at this feedback they are really getting it wrong with passangers.

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/flixbus.co.uk and https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/flixbus.com
I have used the Service between Manchester and Birmingham a handful of times, Apart from one Driver i have not had any issues, Coaches where great and Drivers good

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/10/2021 22:19)Mrboo Wrote:  Have to say I had 1 issue of a no show and 2 cancel services with no refunds but credit given.

Under law they have to allow you to travel on an alternative service and if the next suitable service is the next day then they have to pay for a hotel overnight. That doesn't mean you can book The Ritz and try to claim the cost of the stay back from them though!

Also under law if the next service isn't a suitable option and you decide not to travel, then you're entitled to a full refund.

Certain exceptions apply if it's due to factors outside their control like terrorist activity or extreme weather.

The same laws apply to trains and ferries but not to local buses.
(07/10/2021 16:52)knutstransport Wrote:  Under law they have to allow you to travel on an alternative service and if the next suitable service is the next day then they have to pay for a hotel overnight. That doesn't mean you can book The Ritz and try to claim the cost of the stay back from them though!

Also under law if the next service isn't a suitable option and you decide not to travel, then you're entitled to a full refund.

Certain exceptions apply if it's due to factors outside their control like terrorist activity or extreme weather.

The same laws apply to trains and ferries but not to local buses.

That does not apply to them as in their terms they can cancel services for a refund. Also, the EU law does not apply for non EU services they are also just a booking agent. They do have a legal duty to get passengers to their starting point or destination if they have started the trip.

I have had paid for coaches with them that as soon as I paid they sent a email to say service been cancelled and offer of a credit code.

for a shocker read the reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/flixbus.co.uk
(10/10/2021 00:15)Mrboo Wrote:  That does not apply to them as in their terms they can cancel services for a refund. Also, the EU law does not apply for non EU services they are also just a booking agent. They do have a legal duty to get passengers to their starting point or destination if they have started the trip.

I have had paid for coaches with them that as soon as I paid they sent a email to say service been cancelled and offer of a credit code.

Existing EU directives were written in to UK law when we left the EU, so unless the government has overturned parts of that act it still applies. The law also cannot be overridden by a company's terms and conditions. If there's a contradiction between the two then the relevant T&C is automatically invalid.

To look at it another way you are bound by the terms of your employment contract. However, if the terms say you are paid £400 per week and expected to work 40 hours and it says you won't be paid overtime if traffic causes you to finish your shift late, then that doesn't override minimum wage legislation. If you end up working 45 hours per week then you won't be getting minimum wage if you only get £400, so the law overrides the terms of the employment contract.

Brussels Airlines tried to avoid refunding me for a cancelled flight last year citing something in their T&Cs and only offered to rebook, which could only be done by phone and it was impossible to get through to anyone on the phone. When I filed for a chargeback Mastercard agreed that their T&Cs were invalid and I didn't get the service I paid for, so reversed the charge.

Quote:for a shocker read the reviews https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/flixbus.co.uk

People are more likely to post reviews if they either have a really bad experience or a really good experience.

The company I work for now bought a brand name, which was previously used by a company which went in to administration. People who booked with the old company are still posting reviews about a bad experience they had years ago and saying the company deserved to go bust because of it.
I booked FlixBus from Manchester to Leicester outbound on Friday morning, back yesterday evening.

I found out early Friday morning that they had cancelled my return coach. Being such short notice, and keeping my outbound coach as running, gave me little time to find a cost-effective solution. In the event, I returned home by train, via Derby & Stoke and splitting my ticket at Uttoxeter.

Given that this was the day prior to the journey in question, they did inform me by email and text, and have processed my refund, is a better experience than some people have had on Trustpilot.

The outbound coach reached Shude Hill 15 minutes late, took another 10 minutes to depart, and reached Leicester over 90 minutes late.

Had I been so unconfident about trains not running due to potential strikes, I would not have even booked with FlixBus. I made an error of judgment booking well before I knew whether there would even be strikes then. Mind you, I had a narrow escape finding the trains running on the day they cancelled my coach.
FlixBus expands with Belle Vue
The UK’s fastest growing coach network, FlixBus, is launching a service between major cities in the North West and North East of England with new partner, Belle Vue Coaches.
The operator, based in Stockport, will begin serving FlixBus passengers between Manchester, Leeds, Middlesborough, Sunderland and Newcastle at the end of April, with a regular, daily service.
The route will open up a new cross-country corridor in the North of England for the global green travel brand, supporting customers with more affordable, sustainable and reliable transport options than ever before.
Managing Director of FlixBus UK, Andreas Schorling said: “Delivering new routes with high quality, award-winning operators like Belle Vue is truly exciting, as we continue on our mission to become the largest network in the country.
“Belle Vue has a clear vision for the transport industry to be clean, green and safe, with a reputation for high levels of passenger satisfaction and appetite for growth. We believe they will be a brilliant addition to our network of trust partners, particularly ahead of the busy summer season.”
Belle Vue’s Managing Director Philip Hitchen has led the coach company for over 30 years, and says the new partnership offers new opportunities for growth, diversification and commercial success: “We have been following the rise of FlixBus in the UK over the past two years, and have been impressed by their ambition, rapid success and focus on sustainability.
“The FlixBus model allows us to diversify and add express services to our existing revenue streams. We felt it was a great time to join their network, which is showing great promise for growth and profitability in 2023, as well as being on track to become the largest in the UK,” Philip stated.
Belle Vue has been trading since 1993, and offers a range of services in education, corporate, private hire and coach tours. The company has won several gold, silver and bronze UK Coach Awards, and is known for its innovative approach to training and communication, building teams that peak perform using i MA principles.
As part of the new partnership, Belle Vue will add a brand new FlixBus-branded MAN Truck & Bus Neoplan Tourliner to the network, which it says will provide drivers and passengers with the high quality of safety, comfort and reliability expected from the brand.
Andreas added:“FlixBus is passionate about providing green transport for everyone everywhere, and our partnership with Belle Vue strengthens our ambition to connect all towns and cities in the UK. The new route will also support the government’s ambitions to ‘level up’all parts of the country, encouraging travellers to use sustainable, eco-friendly transport methods.
“The recent expansion of our network with existing partners, alongside this new relationship, is a testament to the success of our business model and our desire to win the market, opening new connections across the country.”

User(s) browsing this thread: