Current time: 27/04/2024, 16:26 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
Anyone know what there's 2 ex london plaxton presidents here for?????

Saw 1 of them today working the parklife shuttle services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(12/09/2021 18:38)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know what there's 2 ex london plaxton presidents here for?????

Saw 1 of them today working the parklife shuttle services.

Apparently a lot of other stagecoach groups and some ‘external’ contractors provided drivers and vehicles so might not actually be with stagecoach Manchester.
A Stagecoach liveried Solo was noted at Hyde road but had a note and legals for ‘Leeds city transport’??
(07/09/2021 06:26)thomasl1231 Wrote:  Quite a few of these have caught fire over the country, must be at least 10 now, there must be some kind of design flaw which causes it I guess. I don't know for certain, but I guess it's maybe something to do with the Hybrid system on these, as you don't see many standard Enviro400s going up in flames (excluding the recent First one in Bristol!). Does anyone know what contributes towards/causes it?

Seems to happen at least once or twice a year in the Manchester fleet
It was reported about a month ago 4 Solos were joining the Manchester fleet (48023/24/25/31) from another division.

Has anybody seen these around yet. I think it was mentioned they were replacing Darts at Middleton possibly.
(15/09/2021 21:34)Manc93 Wrote:  It was reported about a month ago 4 Solos were joining the Manchester fleet (48023/24/25/31) from another division.

Has anybody seen these around yet. I think it was mentioned they were replacing Darts at Middleton possibly.

48031 arrived at Middleton yesterday with another in the paint shop at Hyde Road, the last two are still at Hyde Road awaiting paint.
(16/09/2021 05:52)Solo40336 Wrote:  48031 arrived at Middleton yesterday with another in the paint shop at Hyde Road, the last two are still at Hyde Road awaiting paint.

Thanks for the update. So they are all being repainted into the new Stagecoach livery before service.
Interesting move reported on Steven Knight's Twitter, 10618-10625 transferring to Cumbria & North Lancashire.....

https://twitter.com/skmpub/status/1439185730123845635

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
They are for the sellafield contract as it requires newer buses, they will be replacing MMCs that are transferring back to Morecambe

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Any idea what is replacing them at Stockport?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/09/2021 20:09)T42 PVM Wrote:  Any idea what is replacing them at Stockport?

Theres been a number of ex 08 magics which are repainted into the new livery parked in the yard under the arches at Stockport (possibly reserve fleet vehicles).
Possibly see these out and about during the week?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)