Current time: 05/05/2024, 13:29 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

PeoplesBus
RE: PeoplesBus
(18/07/2021 05:54)M60lad Wrote:  Any idea why their ceasing trading and while I know they mainly do School contracts which have either already finished or due to finish who's going to operate these next term and any normal service/s they operate?

This closure is very sad. The schools' services were Peoplebus's bread and butter but since the pandemic hit I suspect that the loss of earnings from the cancelled Soccerbuses and PH work has made it almost impossible to continue trading.

I suppose the assets will be sold off and hopefully, like with all defunct independents, staff will find alternative employment elsewhere.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(18/07/2021 05:54)M60lad Wrote:  Any idea why their ceasing trading and while I know they mainly do School contracts which have either already finished or due to finish who's going to operate these next term and any normal service/s they operate?

From comments I've seen elsewhere its said the owner is retiring
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(18/07/2021 08:56)NorthernCounties Wrote:  From comments I've seen elsewhere its said the owner is retiring

Didn’t think he was that old. Isn’t it the same guy who set up a short lived independent in the 90’s using ex West Midlands deckers or am I thinking of someone else?
The company is still operating. They've posted about a stand change at Liverpool One Bus Station for the 4/4A on Twitter this afternoon. Given the current uncertain climate, I do understand some drivers have been made redundant though.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
With the unfortunate news breaking yesterday I thought i'd share this video of what is soon to be just a distant memory of travelling on one of Peoplesbus Dennis Tridents;
https://youtu.be/vaWsN8Wj0oA

I enjoyed going to a few superbly ran events in which they supported including a tour of their own vehicles and a depot tour using one of their Olympians and a few Preserved motors. I wish the management every success in what comes next they will always be a highly liked company in my estimations.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Have they actually announced anything officially??
They have stated on Twitter all services will be running as normal.
(18/07/2021 14:25)Mayneway Wrote:  Have they actually announced anything officially??
They have stated on Twitter all services will be running as normal.

Apparently John Cherry of Aintree Coachlines has tweeted that Peoplesbus will close next month.
Hope drivers and staff find jobs elsewhere, their work will be taken by another company.
(18/07/2021 16:00)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Apparently John Cherry of Aintree Coachlines has tweeted that Peoplesbus will close next month.

It’s not his place really. Clearly nothing official from Peoplesbus, and Merseytravel don’t seem to have been informed so it seems really strange.
(18/07/2021 16:54)Mayneway Wrote:  It’s not his place really. Clearly nothing official from Peoplesbus, and Merseytravel don’t seem to have been informed so it seems really strange.
Merseytravel don't need to inform people as things will continue until the end of August. Around mid August or when the service changes are posted for the September uplift, I trust that is when the news will be published officially.

It's not them closing with immediate effect and therefore Merseytravel probably won't put something out

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)