Current time: 29/03/2024, 00:39 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Vision Bus
RE: Vision Bus
I'm guessing Vision have purchased YJ10MBF (which was on hire) because it was on the 571 yesterday now painted in Vision livery. YJ59NNC was the other plain white solo on hire but i've not seen that for a while.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/03/2021 00:17)60301 Wrote:  I'm guessing Vision have purchased YJ10MBF (which was on hire) because it was on the 571 yesterday now painted in Vision livery. YJ59NNC was the other plain white solo on hire but i've not seen that for a while.

I saw YJ10MBF on 639 today - looks alright I guess - bit bodged but that’s just most of Vision Bus to be fair (no offense) / As for YJ59NNC, I saw it on Friday still painted in white livery also on 639.
YJ59 NNC has now been painted in Vision livery.

Has anyone heard anything about the fate of the two TFGM Bolton Metroshuttle Versas (YJ11 ENT / YJ11ENU) after the route is withdrawn tomorrow? They're the last of the 11 plates in service but, like the 60 plates from the Manchester Metroshuttle, they'll be low mileage. With Vision taking more tenders from this weekend there's the possibillity of them being re-vinyled in TfGM green and continue with Vision perhaps?
(30/10/2020 04:47)60301 Wrote:  Vision's TFGM fleet now stands at 10 hybrids (and I think they've still got an old yellow school bus or two):
YJ60 KCC - Optare Solo M820SR H
YJ60 KCK - Optare Solo M820SR H
YJ60 KCN - Optare Solo M820SR H
YJ60 KCO - Optare Solo M820SR H
YJ60 KCZ - Optare Versa V970H
YJ11 ELU - Optare Solo M890SR H
YJ11 ENT - Optare Versa V970H (Bolton Metroshuttle Livery)
YJ11 ENU - Optare Versa V970H (Bolton Metroshuttle Livery)
YJ61 JGF - Optare Versa V970H
YJ61 JGO - Optare Versa V970H

YJ11 ELU has left the fleet and returned to TfGM.
YJ61 JGF was seen VOR in the depot yard with severe damage to the windows and windscreen.
Another Solo M820SR H from the refurbished Manchester stock - YJ60 KCG (ex-MCT) has joined the fleet
(09/04/2021 04:51)60301 Wrote:  YJ11 ELU has left the fleet and returned to TfGM.
YJ61 JGF was seen VOR in the depot yard with severe damage to the windows and windscreen.
Another Solo M820SR H from the refurbished Manchester stock - YJ60 KCG (ex-MCT) has joined the fleet

Good luck with KCG. It came to MCT supposedly refurbished. It still had the interior screens announcing stops for the free buses and had an ongoing issue with its retarder which optare didn’t seem to know how to sort. It spent most of its time VOR.
(09/04/2021 12:02)Mayneway Wrote:  Good luck with KCG. It came to MCT supposedly refurbished. It still had the interior screens announcing stops for the free buses and had an ongoing issue with its retarder which optare didn’t seem to know how to sort. It spent most of its time VOR.

Probably TfGM wanting it to be used so sent it back out to Vision be interesting to see if it still has retarder issues KCN still had the screen showing the free bus route map when I was on that the other week
(09/04/2021 12:09)darylyates17 Wrote:  Probably TfGM wanting it to be used so sent it back out to Vision be interesting to see if it still has retarder issues KCN still had the screen showing the free bus route map when I was on that the other week

I remember one Sunday morning a driver refusing to take KCG out because of the bus stop announcements and display screen claiming it could be confusing to passengers which I completely agree with.
These hybrids can’t have long left on the road.
(09/04/2021 13:46)Mayneway Wrote:  I remember one Sunday morning a driver refusing to take KCG out because of the bus stop announcements and display screen claiming it could be confusing to passengers which I completely agree with.
These hybrids can’t have long left on the road.

The Ex Metroshuttle batch will probably stay longer than the rest most of the TfGM owned Optares are knackered
(09/04/2021 14:21)darylyates17 Wrote:  The Ex Metroshuttle batch will probably stay longer than the rest most of the TfGM owned Optares are knackered

Apparently Tyrers have YJ61JDO so sounds like all the ex MCT examples are being repaired and out to other operators.
(09/04/2021 04:40)60301 Wrote:  YJ59 NNC has now been painted in Vision livery.

Has anyone heard anything about the fate of the two TFGM Bolton Metroshuttle Versas (YJ11 ENT / YJ11ENU) after the route is withdrawn tomorrow? They're the last of the 11 plates in service but, like the 60 plates from the Manchester Metroshuttle, they'll be low mileage. With Vision taking more tenders from this weekend there's the possibillity of them being re-vinyled in TfGM green and continue with Vision perhaps?

They're being redeployed last I heard, 521 possibly. Knowing TfGM though, plans will have probably changed

User(s) browsing this thread: