Current time: 16/04/2024, 15:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(10/03/2021 17:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Agree with you BUT TFGM are still happy to fine companies who use vehicles over the age limit on contracts, they happily fine companies for failing to run journeys on tendered services, even if the reason it’s not running is covid related so it begs the question will they turn a blind eye to vehicles over the 5 year limit running on the busway??

I was more giving a tonge in cheek reply to the usual stuff I read on here lol. Not sure what's going on with them, TfGM are a strange machine!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(10/03/2021 17:22)Mayneway Wrote:  Agree with you BUT TFGM are still happy to fine companies who use vehicles over the age limit on contracts, they happily fine companies for failing to run journeys on tendered services, even if the reason it’s not running is covid related so it begs the question will they turn a blind eye to vehicles over the 5 year limit running on the busway??
Maybe First Group went in that low to win the busway they want them to sick with the busway. Or Tfgm are happy with First. I have to say the buses are in good nick for 5 years they have been looked after.
(10/03/2021 18:08)Mrboo Wrote:  Maybe First Group went in that low to win the busway they want them to sick with the busway. Or Tfgm are happy with First. I have to say the buses are in good nick for 5 years they have been looked after.

I'm surprised they still go into electric mode. It seems the newer B5LH chassis on the Gemini 3 is a bit more reliable than the older one used with Gemini 2 bodywork.
(10/03/2021 18:54)thomasl1231 Wrote:  I'm surprised they still go into electric mode. It seems the newer B5LH chassis on the Gemini 3 is a bit more reliable than the older one used with Gemini 2 bodywork.

Ive always thought the Euro 6 B5LH is better than the Euro5 dont think the build quality was good on the Gemini 2 B5LHs as the B9TL based Geminis as well quite rattly.
I wonder what will happen to the current Vantage buses? Maybe they'll end up being repainted into current First livery and end up replacing some of the older Geminis or Enviro300s at Oldham Depot.
(11/03/2021 06:55)M60lad Wrote:  I wonder what will happen to the current Vantage buses? Maybe they'll end up being repainted into current First livery and end up replacing some of the older Geminis or Enviro300s at Oldham Depot.
They would Goto Leeds or Bradford unless the new buses need busway kit off the buses
(11/03/2021 14:18)Mrboo Wrote:  They would Goto Leeds or Bradford unless the new buses need busway kit off the buses

I thought TfGM owned the Gemini 3s are they actually owned by First Group then?
(11/03/2021 16:06)darylyates17 Wrote:  I thought TfGM owned the Gemini 3s are they actually owned by First Group then?

Pretty sure that Oldham Depot owns them currently, previously Bolton.
(11/03/2021 17:38)jacobxnl Wrote:  Pretty sure that Oldham Depot owns them currently, previously Bolton.

I could be wrong though
(11/03/2021 14:18)Mrboo Wrote:  They would Goto Leeds or Bradford unless the new buses need busway kit off the buses

I believe that was the plan.

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)