Current time: 09/05/2024, 19:42 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
24119 was on Driver Training this morning, was stationary on Dale Street when I was riding 4592, it then turned into Liverpool ONE about 15 minutes later.

Part of me thinks that 24119 will be due a repaint soon, since it's still carrying vinyl's from the now-withdrawn X5 service.

I also noticed that 10843 carries a recently installed advertising board with new Stagecoach logo included, wonder if this was recently added to all E400MMCs at Gillmoss?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Well of course it's going to be a repaint, these are the the main buses being painted at present.
Yeah I think they are getting all the MANs done but the ex X5 ones might be towards the back of the queue as they were fairly recent repaints anyway. I think that is also why 24174 is the only 2417x not done too as that had a full repaint into beachball in 2019 after getting its engine replaced.

All of the MMCs I've been in over the weekend have the new information frames too on the back of the staircase panel as seen below:

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
24125 PO59HXP is back from repaint now too, 24156 PO59MKK is currently getting repainted

[Image: 50993983396_2762e9cc87.jpg]
Stagecoach MCSL 24125 PO59 HXP by buses7675!, on Flickr

buses7675

You’d think they’d use the screens for something other than CCTV. Surely it’d be easier to send service information to these instead of putting posters up on every single bus. Wasted opportunity in my eyes!
(01/03/2021 23:40)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  You’d think they’d use the screens for something other than CCTV. Surely it’d be easier to send service information to these instead of putting posters up on every single bus. Wasted opportunity in my eyes!

I think that is to encourage people to go upstairs really so they can see it is safe?

Also provides evidence to any doubters that CCTV really does work so could stop some crimes happening in the first place.

buses7675

(01/03/2021 23:44)buses7675 Wrote:  I think that is to encourage people to go upstairs really so they can see it is safe?

Also provides evidence to any doubters that CCTV really does work so could stop some crimes happening in the first place.

That’s true. Could flick between CCTV and info though, as happened when Arriva’s new hybrids were introduced onto Loop Line Rail Reps.

That’s just my opinion though, from someone who wouldn’t give going upstairs a second thought!
Something tells me that it's difficult (whether in reality or just Stagecoachs' eyes, I don't know, maybe someone can shed some light) to change the screens. There are/were Eclipses in Chester still showing the X8 adverts even once the X8 had ceased.

You are right though, I think the screens could be better used for more purposes like some information. Not all information would work on it but some bits would.
I believe the Trident ALX400's are back out for use exclusively on school services?

I saw 18326 on the S10 around half three on London Road, and saw another Trident sitting at the lights on Muirhead Avenue NIS, presumably having completed an S18 service.
(08/03/2021 16:22)NathanR Wrote:  I believe the Trident ALX400's are back out for use exclusively on school services?

I saw 18326 on the S10 around half three on London Road, and saw another Trident sitting at the lights on Muirhead Avenue NIS, presumably having completed an S18 service.

Yes I think all 3 Tridents have been either out or getting prepared to go out today

S18 I think is Rock Ferry operated though so probably one of their Tridents out on that

buses7675

User(s) browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)