Current time: 24/04/2024, 11:07 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Speke Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot
(24/01/2021 14:50)T42 PVM Wrote:  Are Arriva back on the 699 or has that remained operated by Happy Al's?

I know BusTimes is NOT a reliable source for my information but they are tracking and appear in the "Last tracking" section where the 699 appears and said route has it's own page with live map, however the 699 is now an evening service so I can't really tell as I live nowhere near where the 699 runs.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2021 15:09)NathanR Wrote:  I know BusTimes is NOT a reliable source for my information but they are tracking and appear in the "Last tracking" section where the 699 appears and said route has it's own page with live map, however the 699 is now an evening service so I can't really tell as I live nowhere near where the 699 runs.
Arriva where always running the Evening Service, the question is regarding the daytime service

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
I wouldn’t imagine so considering Universities are closed across the UK
Als were operating the 699 on Monday last week
Anyone know why Arriva aren’t using all three branded deckers on the 500? It always seems like they use one or two, which makes the branding seem a little pointless, in this use case anyway. Are they trying to publicise the route to increase pax?
(31/01/2021 09:42)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Anyone know why Arriva aren’t using all three branded deckers on the 500? It always seems like they use one or two, which makes the branding seem a little pointless, in this use case anyway. Are they trying to publicise the route to increase pax?

Maybe? They've had the branding for over four months now and with Selwyns taking over the 500 briefly and the current climate related to COVID, it makes air travel somewhat complicated as you can't leave the country without a specific reason, I'd say Arriva may be attempting to promote the 500 by sending it on different routes but I can't be certain as it will take many months for air travel to return to normal.
(31/01/2021 11:02)NathanR Wrote:  Maybe? They've had the branding for over four months now and with Selwyns taking over the 500 briefly and the current climate related to COVID, it makes air travel somewhat complicated as you can't leave the country without a specific reason, I'd say Arriva may be attempting to promote the 500 by sending it on different routes but I can't be certain as it will take many months for air travel to return to normal.

They could probably run the 500 with Click breadvans at the moment. The spare deckers should be getting used elsewhere in the area to keep Cadets off routes that require more social distancing space.
(31/01/2021 11:58)DVG526 Wrote:  They could probably run the 500 with Click breadvans at the moment. The spare deckers should be getting used elsewhere in the area to keep Cadets off routes that require more social distancing space.

I agree. I get today's a Sunday but it was literally just me on board - seems wasteful.

It's not even that the branded Gemini 2s are being displaced for capacity reasons, as they are still using 3 of them, just one will be in standard livery. Though occasionally an Enviro400 or hybrid will make it onto the route.

Still think it would be a better idea to suspend the 500 and divert the 82A down Jericho Lane to replace, as it used to be.
Arriva seem to be having a momentary lapse on vehicle tracking
(31/01/2021 11:58)DVG526 Wrote:  They could probably run the 500 with Click breadvans at the moment. The spare deckers should be getting used elsewhere in the area to keep Cadets off routes that require more social distancing space.

They can’t use the Click buses with exception of Speke Zone, 201 and Clatterbridge shuttle as these are specific contracts for click buses. Plus the click buses are being earmarked for relocation soon. At present they are being used for staff shuttles but that’s a short term solution. The buses were purchased for Click and will be used by Click as required and are technically on loan to North West

User(s) browsing this thread: mr t