Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website
Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Printable Version

+- Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website (http://dartslf.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Buses (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Local Bus Scene: North West and Wales (/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Arriva North West - Speke Depot (/showthread.php?tid=1625)

Arriva North West - Speke Depot - buses7675 - 15/08/2020 16:07

New thread for Arriva North West - Speke Depot as old thread was getting very long and bringing in some errors!

Link to previous thread - http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1553

Please let the discussion continue!

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - trixmax2000 - 15/08/2020 16:44

Not forgetting Runcorn are due 8 Pulsars from Southport so these my cover some of the 79C & 82A

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Metroline1511 - 15/08/2020 20:06

I note the posts following mine this morning with your confirmation that route 500 will use Geminis not Enviro 400s.

This makes sense as they were previously refurbished for route 500. I forgot that they officially transferred to route 79c, as I saw mainly Enviro 400s on route 79c and rode one last October.

Cadets would seem too small for route 79c now so the Pulsars from Southport will help.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 16/08/2020 09:54

Does anyone know why there hasn’t been much publicity surrounding the changes, particularly as we are coming up to two weeks away from the new timetables coming into effect?

Merseytravel didn’t have a clue when I asked them about the 82A and 500 timetables - I know Halton uploaded the 82A one but it’s quite a horrible layout and lots of errors. They’re not on the Arriva website either.

Everything seems quite hush hush to the unsuspecting passenger at the moment. For all they know, there are no changes, unless they’ve checked Halton Council’s website (let’s be honest, there’s probably not that many people who actively check it for new updates).

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - motormayhem1 - 16/08/2020 20:01

(15/08/2020 20:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I note the posts following mine this morning with your confirmation that route 500 will use Geminis not Enviro 400s.

This makes sense as they were previously refurbished for route 500. I forgot that they officially transferred to route 79c, as I saw mainly Enviro 400s on route 79c and rode one last October.

Cadets would seem too small for route 79c now so the Pulsars from Southport will help.

The same geminis will be used again but refreshed with branding for the 500.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - trixmax2000 - 16/08/2020 20:07

(16/08/2020 09:54)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Does anyone know why there hasn’t been much publicity surrounding the changes, particularly as we are coming up to two weeks away from the new timetables coming into effect?

Merseytravel didn’t have a clue when I asked them about the 82A and 500 timetables - I know Halton uploaded the 82A one but it’s quite a horrible layout and lots of errors. They’re not on the Arriva website either.

Everything seems quite hush hush to the unsuspecting passenger at the moment. For all they know, there are no changes, unless they’ve checked Halton Council’s website (let’s be honest, there’s probably not that many people who actively check it for new updates).

Check the Halton Council website https://www3.halton.gov.uk/Pages/publictransport/PublicTransport.aspx updated about 10 days ago

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - iMarkeh - 16/08/2020 21:31

(16/08/2020 09:54)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote:  Does anyone know why there hasn’t been much publicity surrounding the changes, particularly as we are coming up to two weeks away from the new timetables coming into effect?

Generally Merseytravel wait until 2 weeks prior to put anything online.
Arriva I think have an unofficial policy in Aintree HQ to never post service changes until the Friday before the changes so then people don't have as long to complain. (No hate, just basing it on what normally happens)

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 17/08/2020 10:06

(16/08/2020 21:31)iMarkeh Wrote:  Generally Merseytravel wait until 2 weeks prior to put anything online.
Arriva I think have an unofficial policy in Aintree HQ to never post service changes until the Friday before the changes so then people don't have as long to complain. (No hate, just basing it on what normally happens)

Hopefully there should be an update from Merseytravel today then. Fingers crossed!

Also Trixmax I did look at Halton’s timetable but I’ve always hated their timetables. It does at least serve its purpose I suppose, but the Merseytravel ones will look a lot better when they come out. Hopefully today.

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - SK15 GZG - 17/08/2020 12:50

If you'd like to discuss timetables then please feel free to start up a separate thread - particularly as only one of the routes in question will be operated by Speke depot

Thanks Smile

RE: Arriva North West - Speke Depot - Liamkennedy2231 - 17/08/2020 17:03

(17/08/2020 12:50)SK15 GZG Wrote:  If you'd like to discuss timetables then please feel free to start up a separate thread - particularly as only one of the routes in question will be operated by Speke depot

Thanks Smile

Good idea Smile

Link to this new thread here: http://dartslf.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1627