Current time: 19/04/2024, 17:53 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
WOB seem to have updated the website so the 'Emergency Timetables' page is the exact same as that of the June 8th Service changes.

I do think it would be wise to remove the old emergency timetable and take the 'news' update offline or edit it to redirect people to the Emergency Timetables page to save confusion but at least they have updated the website to now show the actual new times.

It's interesting for WOB to be running the short Wincham trips. From what I can see, the point of it is just for the 48 bus to do something between trips as the 48 is still reduced. Not sure if this is CWACC funding it because they think Wincham to Northwich is busy or WOB are just trying to be helpful and make use of use of resources which are already being paid for.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(09/06/2020 21:46)iMarkeh Wrote:  I do think it would be wise to remove the old emergency timetable and take the 'news' update offline or edit it t's interesting for WOB to be running the short Wincham trips. From what I can see, the point of it is just for the 48 bus to do something between trips as the 48 is still reduced. Not sure if this is CWACC funding it because they think Wincham to Northwich is busy or WOB are just trying to be helpful and make use of use of resources which are already being paid for.

Given Arriva's 1 service is reduced to hourly they could have also run 48 shorts between Northwich and Weaverham, which would cover the more urban part of the 48. Although, that would have to be on a commercial basis given the 1 service is not contracted on weekdays.
I notice some buses have showed Warrington Golden Square on their destination display instead of Warrington Interchange, possibly to highlight they serve Golden Square shopping centre, now the shops have reopened and want to attract customers?
(18/06/2020 19:54)knutstransport Wrote:  I notice some buses have showed Warrington Golden Square on their destination display instead of Warrington Interchange, possibly to highlight they serve Golden Square shopping centre, now the shops have reopened and want to attract customers?

I think this has been the default inbound destination for a few years now, though no doubt it's possible to key in a different code to get a different variation - I think 'Warrington Town Centre' is also possible.
I'm not sure what happens with the displays for journeys such as the last 14 of the day which terminates at Garven Place so it can run on to the depot more easily.

About the Cat9 shorts, I guess that is deemed a rather profitable area of the route to justify such high numbers of journeys, compared with even say running a very limited Cat9a service, shorts just between Northwich and Barnton.
Service changes from Monday 22nd June:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...-22nd-june

Still no 16A and changes to the Leigh services have meant knock-on changes for the 28's.
But the weird one now seems to be the Cheshire Cats, which will combine to run to Stockton Heath every 12 minutes, even though there are 6 trips per hour to Stockton Heath when you consider the 62 - the Cat9A is back, the Northwich to Wincham shorts on the Cat9 will disappear, the Cat5 and 5A are both hourly again, but the Cat6 is still hourly rather than half-hourly.
It means that the 5 and 5A don't combine to be every half hour to Lymm, because they depart Warrington at 41 and 05 past the hour.
Looks like there's going to be a lot of interworking and it might be being used as an opportunity to test out providing more running time for journeys, much needed in my opinion.
(18/06/2020 21:51)Valandil Wrote:  I think this has been the default inbound destination for a few years now, though no doubt it's possible to key in a different code to get a different variation - I think 'Warrington Town Centre' is also possible.
I'm not sure what happens with the displays for journeys such as the last 14 of the day which terminates at Garven Place so it can run on to the depot more easily.

About the Cat9 shorts, I guess that is deemed a rather profitable area of the route to justify such high numbers of journeys, compared with even say running a very limited Cat9a service, shorts just between Northwich and Barnton.

It might vary between bus types and routes - the bus I saw was one of the new Enviros not running a Cheshire CAT service. If it was a Northwich CAT service then I think Cheshire CAT is one of the things the destination display shows as well as if it's a via Lostock or via Barnton route, so there may not be space for 'Golden Square' or 'Town Centre', even if it's what's normally displayed. Plus you would hope a bus in Northwich going to Warrington, is going to the town centre and not a bus to the outskirts from where you can get a connecting bus to the town centre!

With Barnton-Winnington-Northwich I imagine Arriva will provide whatever service level provision is needed for the current usage. With Lostock-Northwich it's a mix of 2 different bus operators and a train operator, with D&G only provide the minimum service level they are required to as part of the 89 contract and Northern providing a more limited service than on most of their train routes. As Lostock Gralam station doesn't have a ticket office or ticket machines I imagine there's a number of people who normally use the train as their first option because they may get to travel for free.
(19/06/2020 09:38)knutstransport Wrote:  It might vary between bus types and routes - the bus I saw was one of the new Enviros not running a Cheshire CAT service. If it was a Northwich CAT service then I think Cheshire CAT is one of the things the destination display shows as well as if it's a via Lostock or via Barnton route, so there may not be space for 'Golden Square' or 'Town Centre', even if it's what's normally displayed. Plus you would hope a bus in Northwich going to Warrington, is going to the town centre and not a bus to the outskirts from where you can get a connecting bus to the town centre!

I know that when deckers have been used on Northwich services, they have generally displayed 'Warrington / Golden Square' as the inbound destination - can provide photos if wished.
(18/06/2020 21:51)Valandil Wrote:  I think this has been the default inbound destination for a few years now, though no doubt it's possible to key in a different code to get a different variation - I think 'Warrington Town Centre' is also possible.

They do show Garven Place for that journey.
The latest acquisition here is Enviro400 SN09 CDY

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/50017555498/
Credit: EastBeach68

SK15 GZG
2010 | 2345 | 2474 | 2590 | 3052 | 3059 | 3061 | 5314 | 6408 | 6606 | 7537
4164 | 4593 | 4664 | 4670 | 4672 | 4678 | 4836
(19/06/2020 20:48)SK15 GZG Wrote:  The latest acquisition here is Enviro400 SN09 CDY

https://www.flickr.com/photos/46986413@N07/50017555498/
Credit: EastBeach68

Very nice indeed. I forgot that we were getting these :-)

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)