Current time: 16/04/2024, 09:51 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

D&G Bus
RE: D&G Bus
I think there's 4 or 5 of them but the streetlites that run 38s all have D&G personal registrations.

For instance streetlite with fleetnumber 57 is DG57 BUS

Also there's an optare solo running about with DG64 BUS on it.

Must've cost them a fair few quid to have all these buses with personalised D&G registration numbers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(23/03/2020 07:53)33109 Wrote:  I think there's 4 or 5 of them but the streetlites that run 38s all have D&G personal registrations.

For instance streetlite with fleetnumber 57 is DG57 BUS

Also there's an optare solo running about with DG64 BUS on it.

Must've cost them a fair few quid to have all these buses with personalised D&G registration numbers.

The long Streetlites are ex-Isle of Man buses so required new UK standard registrations as the result of moving to a UK operator.

The 64 reg Enviros also have personalised registration numbers for South Lancs Travel, which used to be a sister company of D&G Bus before they were sold to Rotala.

A lot of bus and coach companies use personalised registrations to hide the true age of vehicles. For instance, this was 0CC 765 in the 1990s: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...egUIARDbAQ
Once that coach was scrapped this one became OCC 765: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...egUIARDRAQ
(23/03/2020 06:32)M60lad Wrote:  On Saturday 2 of the ex Goodwins Enviro200s were out on 88s, interesting thing about the ex Goodwins Enviro200s is that on one of them the roof mounted (above the destination screen) air horns do still actually work.

A few years back when one of them was running the 300 service cars had doubled parked on Boothfields and the bus couldn't get through, the driver sounded the horn and I think the whole town knew there was a problem!
(22/03/2020 13:24)ant17612 Wrote:  Their was a brief point earlier this year where they must of been elsewhere (Northwich possibly) and most journeys tended to be a 55 Plate Solo but like previously mentioned the Solo’s bar 1 have now left. Most 88 journeys of late appear to be 56 or 57 Reg Mini Enviro’s. The Versa’s allocated to Wincham are not very common on the 288 having only travelled on one myself on the route and that was back in June last year!

If it's a 55 reg Solo you were referring to then that is on the 88 today.
Latest changes for D&G for tomorrow:

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Services 1, 1A, 2, 8A, 9, 14W, 32X and 43 will run to Saturday timetables.

Service 16 will run to a Saturday timetable but the 1930 journey from Hanley to Leek and the 2015 journey from Leek to Hanley will not run.

Services 8, 12, 14, 26, 42, 50, 72, 73, 82, 85, 88, 94, 317, 318 and 841 will run to special timetables - click HERE for details.

Services 33, 35, 93, 94A, 288, 316 and 319 and the Handforth Dean Free Bus will operate to normal timetables.

Services 8B, 14A, 38, 40, 70, 71, 89, 130, 188, 836 and X41 will not operate.

Contract services 410, 445, GP1, S71194 and S80319 will operate to normal timetables.

Contract services CC5, CC8, E1 and E2 and the contracted service between Bunbury and Sir John Deane's College will not operate.
(24/03/2020 17:38)M60lad Wrote:  Latest changes for D&G for tomorrow:

Wednesday 25 March 2020

Services 1, 1A, 2, 8A, 9, 14W, 32X and 43 will run to Saturday timetables.

Service 16 will run to a Saturday timetable but the 1930 journey from Hanley to Leek and the 2015 journey from Leek to Hanley will not run.

Services 8, 12, 14, 26, 42, 50, 72, 73, 82, 85, 88, 94, 317, 318 and 841 will run to special timetables - click HERE for details.

Services 33, 35, 93, 94A, 288, 316 and 319 and the Handforth Dean Free Bus will operate to normal timetables.

Services 8B, 14A, 38, 40, 70, 71, 89, 130, 188, 836 and X41 will not operate.

Contract services 410, 445, GP1, S71194 and S80319 will operate to normal timetables.

Contract services CC5, CC8, E1 and E2 and the contracted service between Bunbury and Sir John Deane's College will not operate.

A standard pattern of 2 hourly on the 88 between Altrincham & Knutsford is probably right given current loadings. Although, I'm not sure if having a later first bus or an earlier last bus might cause any issues for key workers.

D&G/TfGM deciding the 288 should run to a full frequency ahead of other routes is bizarre, considering the airport is only operating a limited service and a lot of staff working for airport, airlines and retail outlets based at the airport have been 'furloughed.'

I'd also question whether the Offerton to Handforth Dean bus could be described as essential. In the case of Wilmslow to Handforth Dean I accept there's a large Tescos at Handforth Dean and for some that would be the most practical supermarket to get to, even if those in Wilmslow itself should be trying to use shops in the town not shops at Handforth Dean.
^ Just after posting the above I've noticed D&G have now said evening 288 services won't run - effective from today.
(23/03/2020 09:29)knutstransport Wrote:  The long Streetlites are ex-Isle of Man buses so required new UK standard registrations as the result of moving to a UK operator.

The 64 reg Enviros also have personalised registration numbers for South Lancs Travel, which used to be a sister company of D&G Bus before they were sold to Rotala.

A lot of bus and coach companies use personalised registrations to hide the true age of vehicles. For instance, this was 0CC 765 in the 1990s: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...egUIARDbAQ
Once that coach was scrapped this one became OCC 765: https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...egUIARDRAQ

The 64 Plates are factory registered at Falkirk as fit in with orders for both Stagecoach Manchester & Arriva North West.

---
Thanks
Ant

Check out my YouTube Channel updated regularly at 18:00 Most Days;
https://www.youtube.com/c/apdmediatransp...nel/videos

Check out my content on Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter
https://www.flickr.com/photos/envirohunter/albums

Updated recently with a trip down to the South Coast in 2021 & Railway Pictures from 2017.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
One of the D&G Enviros left Knutsford on the A50 south at around 13:55 showing Handforth Dean on the destination display and with the left indicator remaining on for a considerable amount of time, despite the bus not going left. Possibly a fault with the bus, with it going back for attention?

Also one of the ex-Go Goodwins Solos has appeared on the 88 this week, so either another Solo has turned up at Wincham or they've switched which Solo is there.

The D&G website indicates some of the Hanley services will have additional journeys from Monday.
Ex Goodwins 129 is currently at Wincham along with large Solo 140

(17/04/2020 13:36)knutstransport Wrote:  Also one of the ex-Go Goodwins Solos has appeared on the 88 this week, so either another Solo has turned up at Wincham or they've switched which Solo is there.

The D&G website indicates some of the Hanley services will have additional journeys from Monday.

Works for me

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)