Current time: 29/03/2024, 01:40 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
RE: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
Judging by the change of route of the soon-to-be service 3, I’m guessing that whoever does route planning took one look at how busy services 4 and 11 can be on the Broughton to Chester section - and how empty the 13 often is through Sandy Lane - and decided it’d be better off rerouted to where the higher number of customers are... to the detriment of the few, unfortunately!

On the upside, the timetable changes for the 4/4S will mean it no longer runs nose-to-tail with an 11/11A all the way from Chester to Hawarden. Every. Single. Time. About time they fixed this! It always struck me as redundant to time these two services within a minute of each other through such a large section - it’s pretty much half the route for the 4!

It also means that - combined with the 3 - the Chester to Broughton section will have a regular every-ten-minutes service! This is fantastic news for those in the Saltney and Hough Green areas - a much more regular, reliable service to/from the Shopping Park and the City Centre! ...Until they change everything again... ????
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Arriva have lost the G3 Blacon to Sealand industrial estate contract due to the withdrawal of council funding with effect from 29th March

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(02/03/2020 21:28)chester285 Wrote:  Arriva have lost the G3 Blacon to Sealand industrial estate contract due to the withdrawal of council funding with effect from 29th March
It's S106 money from the Asda development which has run out. CWACC don't want to fund it.
(03/03/2020 08:58)iMarkeh Wrote:  It's S106 money from the Asda development which has run out. CWACC don't want to fund it.

Fair play, anyways its gone the end of the month

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
One less Bus needed at Chester then, The PVR there must be very low as it is?

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(03/03/2020 10:27)T42 PVM Wrote:  One less Bus needed at Chester then, The PVR there must be very low as it is?

I wonder how many routes Chester have left there cant be many left now.
(03/03/2020 11:40)darylyates17 Wrote:  I wonder how many routes Chester have left there cant be many left now.

1/1A/15 Blacons
3 Chester - Broughton
4/X4 Chester - Mold
10/10A Chester - Connah’s Quay/Flint
(03/03/2020 12:48)Y727 KNF Wrote:  1/1A/15 Blacons
3 Chester - Broughton
4/X4 Chester - Mold
10/10A Chester - Connah’s Quay/Flint

Wow I didn’t realise that’s all that’s left I wonder if Arriva will eventually pull the plug on Chester
(03/03/2020 13:16)darylyates17 Wrote:  Wow I didn’t realise that’s all that’s left I wonder if Arriva will eventually pull the plug on Chester

Arriva Chester was that not started with such a fanfare to try and take on all of the Chester City Transport work which First bus managed to get which passed on to Stagecoach.
(03/03/2020 13:16)darylyates17 Wrote:  Wow I didn’t realise that’s all that’s left I wonder if Arriva will eventually pull the plug on Chester
Still a good PVR though.
Blacons is 4
Broughton 3 is 2
4/X4 is around 10
10/10A is 7 (plus school)

Sundays it wouldn't surprise me if they locked up Chester and ran stuff from Wrexham or they outsoruced the office stuff to Wrexham (so drivers call up Wrexham when they get into the depot to sign on. Stagecoach do this in at least 1 place due to low PVR). PVR is only 10.

Chester isn't the biggest depot for PVR but it could run a lot more if they wanted it to. The issue is the driver terms (drivers must have their breaks in the depot, They aren't allowed at Chester interchange) which means they need loads of shunt vehicles and that of course costs money. Chester isn't far off the same at Winsford in that they operate there but don't care that much but if it makes them a few quid, it's a few pound they wouldn't get shutting the depot.

It can't be far off becoming an outstation of Wrexham though to reduce admin costs.

User(s) browsing this thread: