Current time: 19/04/2024, 23:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Having seen what is happening with first oldham I'm surprised that abeillo have not offered a price for oldham as they are keen to enter the regulated bus market in Manchester when it happens as they are all for it
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/10/2019 15:53)johnluke Wrote:  Having seen what is happening with first oldham I'm surprised that abeillo have not offered a price for oldham as they are keen to enter the regulated bus market in Manchester when it happens as they are all for it
Probably keeping their powder dry, and watching the Arriva situation.
(17/10/2019 15:53)johnluke Wrote:  Having seen what is happening with first oldham I'm surprised that abeillo have not offered a price for oldham as they are keen to enter the regulated bus market in Manchester when it happens as they are all for it
Why do that when it isn't 100% if franchising will go ahead. It's best to wait for the confirmation and then jump on the opportunity. Plus, GMCA wants to purchase the depots so you could lose out on the purchase.

I believe that is Firsts issue right now, no one wants the depot or buses but everyone wants the routes. First were so competitive though previously that operators don't want to compete anymore for fear of being wiped out.
I see within 12 months

MCT will take over Oldham Local routes when First give them up and TFGM put them out to tender.

Manchester Routes will goto Stagecoach or GNW with First keeping 184

409 will goto Stagecoach

All staff to be offered to move with them routes.

If I was stagecoach I would send a 76 each hour upto derker or sholver to get the ball rolling
Does anyone know when First week is withdrawn from GWN and DNW as I cant see £17 going 3 ways going to work or does each company just keep there sales and not share income?
(18/10/2019 19:59)Mrboo Wrote:  Does anyone know when First week is withdrawn from GWN and DNW as I cant see £17 going 3 ways going to work or does each company just keep there sales and not share income?
It was originally down as upto 1 year but I'm not sure how it will work if GNW comes out of the agreement early with the Rochdale Road corridor and obviously the X63.

It would make the most sense for the ticket to continue and First to pull out as they don't share any corridors anymore.
(18/10/2019 19:55)Mrboo Wrote:  I see within 12 months

MCT will take over Oldham Local routes when First give them up and TFGM put them out to tender.

Manchester Routes will goto Stagecoach or GNW with First keeping 184

409 will goto Stagecoach

All staff to be offered to move with them routes.

If I was stagecoach I would send a 76 each hour upto derker or sholver to get the ball rolling
I think First are now holding on with Oldham depot being part of the franchising documents. GMCA wants to buy Oldham depot. As no one else wants the physical depot, they might as well wait for GMCA to buy it.

That said, I think there might be limits on how much Stagecoach can take. Theres a lot of routes First still have.
Rosso and Stotts need to jump in in my opinion as the 6 and 426 would suit them fantastically.

76 to Derker I think would be a good idea but I get the feeling that Stagecoach won't just yet because of the driver shortages.
(18/10/2019 20:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think First are now holding on with Oldham depot being part of the franchising documents. GMCA wants to buy Oldham depot. As no one else wants the physical depot, they might as well wait for GMCA to buy it.

That said, I think there might be limits on how much Stagecoach can take. Theres a lot of routes First still have.
Rosso and Stotts need to jump in in my opinion as the 6 and 426 would suit them fantastically.

76 to Derker I think would be a good idea but I get the feeling that Stagecoach won't just yet because of the driver shortages.

if I was going to bid when/if franchising happens I would not run out from Oldham. if I was any big group I would just run out of yard with a cabin as this cuts costs. The drivers would go with the routes so issues of staff would not be an issue and as you would need new buses you would just walk away from Oldham and next day start with the new buses and drivers out of the new unit.
On the note of franchising from which I could be certain its gonna happen....its not gonna be dead and buried then stagecoach will pull out of Manchester completely
(18/10/2019 20:56)iMarkeh Wrote:  I think First are now holding on with Oldham depot being part of the franchising documents. GMCA wants to buy Oldham depot. As no one else wants the physical depot, they might as well wait for GMCA to buy it.

Stotts have no desire to run anything commercial they are happy with a presence on tenders and schools - not saying they won't pick up more work as that's the plan I believe but they won't run anything commercially sadly.

My money is not on MCT but their owners HCT. A lot of senior HCT management who were based in London are in the process of relocating to Manchester. They are apparently very excited about the possibility of franchising so wouldn't be surprised if it's something they go for.

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)