Current time: 07/05/2024, 03:22 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(10/09/2019 17:23)Mikeonthebuses Wrote:  Exciting update for you all today, I saw for first time the brand new E400MMC allocated to the 42B heading to Piccadilly today.

I was in Piccadilly for an hour this afternoon. The new batch are quite elusive ! Only 11254/61/3 came through, two of them on the 203, the other displaying 42 but not in service.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/09/2019 22:40)NorthernCounties Wrote:  Next stop screens and announcements are from now on a standard feature in stagecoach orders. Apparently the interior is off the shelf while they wait for new livery and interior designs to be announced

The interior seems similar to Scanias on route X2 (Liverpool - Southport - Preston)
For anyone who's interested Middleton Depot have still got the ex Stockport (new to Bluebird) Solo SRs (47824 & 47825) but none of them have seen service since they got transfered to Middleton this is due to the fact that they've got various faults with them that will need a lot of work doing to get them repaired which could cost quite a bit of money.
(15/09/2019 19:54)M60lad Wrote:  For anyone who's interested Middleton Depot have still got the ex Stockport (new to Bluebird) Solo SRs (47824 & 47825) but none of them have seen service since they got transfered to Middleton this is due to the fact that they've got various faults with them that will need a lot of work doing to get them repaired which could cost quite a bit of money.

They were out in service on 415 for about a week before problems occurred. Could the problems have been caused by the dreaded speed bumps around alkrington?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(16/09/2019 06:50)NorthernCounties Wrote:  They were out in service on 415 for about a week before problems occurred. Could the problems have been caused by the dreaded speed bumps around alkrington?

My guess would be electrical issues effecting the ECU’s. It was a common fault with the Solo SR’s that the ECU’s would develop a fault over time and make some vechicles unusable. Optare wanted big money to replace or repair the faulty ECU’s so it’s often cheaper to leave them tucked away out of use.
Stagecoach have updated all of their interior stickers with a new style/design language. Change is definitely coming.
Anyone know which routes I can find the ALX400 bodied deckers on?

Also not sure why but some of the hybrid deckers & a few enviro 200s have appeared lately on the 358 to hayfield.

And does anybody know please what the older double decker is that runs school duties around the new mills area & if it's ever used on anything else as I'd like to try & bag that.
There is one ALX400 at Wigan that operates widely across the network there and can turn up basically on anything there, but i've seen it on 8's and 9's in the main, presumably the 8's may connect onto 34's so it may be seen in Manchester City Centre.
There's a couple around the stockport area I've seen.
(21/09/2019 14:16)33109 Wrote:  Anyone know which routes I can find the ALX400 bodied deckers on?

Also not sure why but some of the hybrid deckers & a few enviro 200s have appeared lately on the 358 to hayfield.

And does anybody know please what the older double decker is that runs school duties around the new mills area & if it's ever used on anything else as I'd like to try & bag that.

I think they are appearing on quite a few routes lately. Yesterday around Stockport I spotted them on the 11, 368, 383/384. Your best bet is to just turn up to the bus station, and go from there.

358 is generally a mixed bag of deckers & Enviro200s, but the green hybrids do stray onto there at times just like any other Stockport route.

& I don't think Stagecoach operate a schools service in New Mills. One possibility is that it could be ex-stagecoach and with Smiths of Marple? I know in the past they have had ex-stagecoach buses still in the beachball livery.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)