Current time: 02/05/2024, 19:15 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(07/09/2019 11:41)acocker96 Wrote:  11254 is on the 76A, I like the interior is it a new corporate interior? It doesn’t match the livery which could be a sign of things soon to come.

Still waiting to see one of them on the 42/42A/42B where they were allegedly supposed to be allocated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(07/09/2019 18:35)gilbert Wrote:  Still waiting to see one of them on the 42/42A/42B where they were allegedly supposed to be allocated.

11255 was on the 76 as well, spotted in Oldham it moved off seconds before I got there.
(03/09/2019 19:18)ant17612 Wrote:  Goes to show that we are poor with standards compared with other areas where branding and consistency is maintained to a high standard. I was in Sheffield yesterday and thought the work carried out on the Scania Enviro300s for the X6 Airport service looks absolutely superb!

I am planning to go to Sheffield later this month. Your positive feedback about these Scanias has helped me look forward to going. Smile
(07/09/2019 11:41)acocker96 Wrote:  11254 is on the 76A, I like the interior is it a new corporate interior? It doesn’t match the livery which could be a sign of things soon to come.

Next stop screens and announcements are from now on a standard feature in stagecoach orders. Apparently the interior is off the shelf while they wait for new livery and interior designs to be announced
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(06/09/2019 11:59)Mayneway Wrote:  Magic buses are liveried and branded differently for the magic services they run on, they should be used solely on them services. If the plan is to use them elsewhere put them into corporate livery and do away with the magic brand.

There no Magic bus legals on the bus so really it just an all over bus advert. buses can be any livery there no reason that a bus in Magic livery can`t be used on any route as the op disc is what counts.
(08/09/2019 02:03)Mrboo Wrote:  There no Magic bus legals on the bus so really it just an all over bus advert. buses can be any livery there no reason that a bus in Magic livery can`t be used on any route as the op disc is what counts.

I never mentioned legals or ops disks???
It’s effectively route branding for percific routes, my point was and is they should be used on them routes. Not sure why your mentioning legals and ops disks??
Thumbs Up RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(08/09/2019 11:59)Mayneway Wrote:  I never mentioned legals or ops disks???
It’s effectively route branding for percific routes, my point was and is they should be used on them routes. Not sure why your mentioning legals and ops disks??

So for 3 Months you think Stagecoach should park up a good fleet of buses apart for Metrolink replacement that you could say is route branded so can't be used for this. The buses can't be used on Oxford road routes. I point out op disc as tfgm even list magic bus as a company. In same way Megabus use citylink coaches. When your short of buses you use what you have.
(08/09/2019 16:44)Mrboo Wrote:  So for 3 Months you think Stagecoach should park up a good fleet of buses apart for Metrolink replacement that you could say is route branded so can't be used for this. The buses can't be used on Oxford road routes. I point out op disc as tfgm even list magic bus as a company. In same way Megabus use citylink coaches. When your short of buses you use what you have.
What they should do is get rid of the Magicbus brand and go corporate. It’s had its day and is no longer necessary as no competition on Oxford Road to speak of!
(08/09/2019 19:01)Rodney259 Wrote:  What they should do is get rid of the Magicbus brand and go corporate. It’s had its day and is no longer necessary as no competition on Oxford Road to speak of!
So they just scrap the cheaper weekly ticket with the Magic brand as the reason they run Magic bus is so they can sell Stagecoach Megariders or Magic bus Megariders and so will also need to get more eco buses
(08/09/2019 23:52)Mrboo Wrote:  So they just scrap the cheaper weekly ticket with the Magic brand as the reason they run Magic bus is so they can sell Stagecoach Megariders or Magic bus Megariders and so will also need to get more eco buses

The magic bus brand was developed Back in the day as a way of utilising older buses on busy corridors where there was direct competition from other operators. They offered cheaper tickets so effectively it was a no frills bus operation and it worked, but it’s come full circle. They now use older vehicles on corporate services and newer buses on magics (to a degree), the days of students living on a very tight budget and eating nothing but pot noodles are long gone and as it’s already been said all the competition has gone.

User(s) browsing this thread: 12 Guest(s)