Current time: 05/05/2024, 18:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(03/09/2019 20:59)M60lad Wrote:  Stagecoach Middleton Depot Solo 47473 was out this afternoon on 172 service doing 15:37 Newton Heath-Southern Cemetery service and 17:04 return service back to Newton Heath.

I saw it on its way back to depot tonight at about 18:30 heading up St Mary's Road.
Its pretty rare to see solo on the 172 but it has also became a common thing as they run along side the mini Enviro300s which are a common sight on this route in the evenings but sometimes mid day
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/09/2019 20:59)M60lad Wrote:  Stagecoach Middleton Depot Solo 47473 was out this afternoon on 172 service doing 15:37 Newton Heath-Southern Cemetery service and 17:04 return service back to Newton Heath.

I saw it on its way back to depot tonight at about 18:30 heading up St Mary's Road.
Its pretty rare to see solo on the 172 but it has also became a common thing as they run along side the mini Enviro300s which are a common sight on this route in the evenings but sometimes mid day
(03/09/2019 13:13)ant17612 Wrote:  Seem to be working solely on Hyde Road corridor routes and not the 42 as previously mentioned ordered for.

The 203 yet again.There's a surprise. 10463-10487 were used on that route when they were new too. Preferential treatment for some passengers over the rest again?
(03/09/2019 21:54)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  To be fair the adverts do say “valid on magicbus services 142/143/147 only before midnight” hardly p*ss poor of someone doesn’t read the small print

But their flaunting the fact some passengers get a better deal than others and it’s wrong. I witnessed it many years ago on a 169. Magic bus used instead of corporate bus, someone got on with a magic rider and was refused travel. A big row developed and in the end a call was put into comms and the driver was told to let them travel.
(04/09/2019 13:55)Mayneway Wrote:  But their flaunting the fact some passengers get a better deal than others and it’s wrong. I witnessed it many years ago on a 169. Magic bus used instead of corporate bus, someone got on with a magic rider and was refused travel. A big row developed and in the end a call was put into comms and the driver was told to let them travel.

Some passengers do get a better deal than others and it’s just a fact of life with public transport. Two services travelling from Manchester to Stockport (eg. 42/192/203) will have different fares because they take totally different routes. It’s a postcode lottery.

Prior to zonal fares, the metrolink was exactly the same with the maximum off peak fare on the Eccles line being £3 single yet the same distance on the Bury line would be £1.20 more.
(04/09/2019 12:42)gilbert Wrote:  The 203 yet again.There's a surprise. 10463-10487 were used on that route when they were new too. Preferential treatment for some passengers over the rest again?

Spotted new Enviro400 MMC vehicles out on the 15, 250 and 291 today.
Another transfer to Stagecoach Manchester and allocated to Middleton Depot is Enviro400 19031
(04/09/2019 19:02)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  Some passengers do get a better deal than others and it’s just a fact of life with public transport. Two services travelling from Manchester to Stockport (eg. 42/192/203) will have different fares because they take totally different routes. It’s a postcode lottery.

Prior to zonal fares, the metrolink was exactly the same with the maximum off peak fare on the Eccles line being £3 single yet the same distance on the Bury line would be £1.20 more.

Magic buses are liveried and branded differently for the magic services they run on, they should be used solely on them services. If the plan is to use them elsewhere put them into corporate livery and do away with the magic brand.
I have noticed all this week since the last service change that the 05:23 250 Manchester to Trafford Centre is now a Magic Bus allocation.

I use this route every weekday morning and every day it has been a Magic Bus Allocation.
11254 is on the 76A, I like the interior is it a new corporate interior? It doesn’t match the livery which could be a sign of things soon to come.

User(s) browsing this thread: 21 Guest(s)