Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:23 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(25/07/2019 17:50)Y474 KNF Wrote:  They were new to Gillmoss for the 20/21 but went on loan to Chester for rail replacements in early 2017

I think that at least 10835 has never worked anywhere but Chester, 10831 as well possibly.....10830/2 have been at Gillmoss however.

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(25/07/2019 17:55)gka472l Wrote:  I think that at least 10835 has never worked anywhere but Chester, 10831 as well possibly.....10830/2 have been at Gillmoss however.

HTH

I'm sure 10831 hasn't worked out of Gillmoss either, they've only ever been to visit for MOTs etc

There was I believe a plan to get them 'back' to Gillmoss and replace them with Geminis but given only two Geminis ever got refurbished that plan seems to have been changed somewhat!

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(25/07/2019 17:08)bussnapsuk Wrote:  The 1 hits the two hour mark throughout the daytime from the Business Park to Liverpool, then goes down by a massive 20 minutes to around 1:40. I'll assume that there alight at the Railway Station and get the train.

With the X1 whats going to happen with the current X8 branding atm on the X2. Gold 1/X1?

I would imagine the X8 branding will be removed and the 3 Enviro400s will be put on some normal service possible would see them on the 2 to Runcorn when needed ie school journeys etc

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Shame that the X1 will generally take over 1 and a half hours end to end.
As there is a great increase in the running time of the route to Runcorn and it looks certain from the timetable to interwork with the shorts to Ellesmere Port, I wonder if this will change the number of deckers required on the (X)2 route.
At least there will be the late service on the 1 through the tunnel to Bromborough.
(26/07/2019 02:23)Valandil Wrote:  Shame that the X1 will generally take over 1 and a half hours end to end.
As there is a great increase in the running time of the route to Runcorn and it looks certain from the timetable to interwork with the shorts to Ellesmere Port, I wonder if this will change the number of deckers required on the (X)2 route.
At least there will be the late service on the 1 through the tunnel to Bromborough.

The things I don’t see is how it can be prefixed ‘X’ - it takes nearly the same amount of time to complete the journey as the 1 between Chester Interchange and Liverpool. To be an express service, it literally should be fast - when the X8 was first introduced, it took just over an hour to complete an end to end journey - but slowly every subsequent timetable change added more time to complete an end to end running.
(26/07/2019 06:29)mrd97 Wrote:  The things I don’t see is how it can be prefixed ‘X’ - it takes nearly the same amount of time to complete the journey as the 1 between Chester Interchange and Liverpool. To be an express service, it literally should be fast - when the X8 was first introduced, it took just over an hour to complete an end to end journey - but slowly every subsequent timetable change added more time to complete an end to end running.

I agree that an X prefix implies an express service but Stagecoach - like many politicians these days - are very good at convincing people that what they see and think is reality when it isn't, the X2 to Preston and X3 to Kirkby being examples of this. As long as people are happy to get on board, who cares? As far as I know, Stagecoach and politicians don't give refunds.
(26/07/2019 09:53)Barney Wrote:  I agree that an X prefix implies an express service but Stagecoach - like many politicians these days - are very good at convincing people that what they see and think is reality when it isn't, the X2 to Preston and X3 to Kirkby being examples of this. As long as people are happy to get on board, who cares? As far as I know, Stagecoach and politicians don't give refunds.

Personally, I think it would be really useful if services which are genuinely express services have the X prefix and other services do not - it's the type of thing which franchising could ensure but cannot be guaranteed when companies are left to their own devices.
(26/07/2019 09:53)Barney Wrote:  I agree that an X prefix implies an express service but Stagecoach - like many politicians these days - are very good at convincing people that what they see and think is reality when it isn't, the X2 to Preston and X3 to Kirkby being examples of this. As long as people are happy to get on board, who cares? As far as I know, Stagecoach and politicians don't give refunds.

To be fair the Preston X2 is express/limited stop from Preston to Banks.
36807 freshly repainted on 41/2 today.
As part of changes to the One. Stagecoach are reintroducing late night buses through the tunnel on Friday & Saturday night.

00:15 liverpool - Rock Ferry depot
00:45 & 01:45 Liverpool - Bromborough cross

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)