Current time: 18/04/2024, 08:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
Why can't they revert to the service numbers they used in the days of crosville.

My dad used to work at rock ferry depot in crosville days until he left in 1987. The chester services were number C1, C2, C3 & C4 then they changed to being the 1 & 2 but I do certainly agree that more numbers could be used.

I think there are too many services going to the same places these days but hey thats just me or does anyone else agree with me.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Eastham Councillor Phil Gilchrist has obtained the Stagecoach consultation response from Merseytravel and has emailed it to myself

Confirmed Changes:

2 will run between Chester and Ellesmere Port only - however the frequency will increase to every 20 minutes. The section between Liverpool and Port Sunlight/New Ferry will not be replaced

It will link (presumably interwork) with the X2 - which I assume means the X2 will run between Runcorn and Ellesmere Port only, remaining at an hourly frequency

22 will now run between West Kirby and Chester, no longer serving Moreton, Hoylake or Arrowe Park

The 38 will now serve the Sandbrook Estate

Evening and Sunday journeys on the 41/2 will run the same as the Monday - Saturday daytime service, no longer serving Prenton Dell or Arrowe Park Hospital

New X1 replaces the X8 - runs the same as the X8 between Liverpool and Eastham, then as the 2 route to Ellesmere Port Bus Station and finally returning to the X8 route all the way to Chester - Service will now call at all stops

Both the 1 and X1 will run every 20 minutes Monday - Saturday daytimes and every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays - Overpool will gain an evening and Sunday service (meaning asection of Arrowebrook’s 106 will be redundant)

5A is withdrawn, 5 will now operate to a hourly frequency (currently runs at irregular intervals)

Minor changes to times on the 6 and 7

The document also states Merseytravel are likely to amend tenderer services 80/82/91 as a result of the changes
Attached Consultation Response

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Stagecoach Wirral and Cheshire West Network Consultation Response.pdf (Size: 88.62 KB / Downloads: 21)
Prenton Dell cut off again then evenings and Sundays along with the Nocky and Ford while the Cross River buses stick to the main road. Also the X1 missing Birkenhead out. No wonder the town is dying on its arse may as well run the routes from Liverpool. Merseytravel need to start realising the Wirral is still part of Merseyside.
(17/07/2019 08:52)DVG526 Wrote:  Prenton Dell cut off again then evenings and Sundays along with the Nocky and Ford while the Cross River buses stick to the main road. Also the X1 missing Birkenhead out. No wonder the town is dying on its arse may as well run the routes from Liverpool. Merseytravel need to start realising the Wirral is still part of Merseyside.

The X8 misses Birkenhead out, so why should the X1 be any different,people who live in
Bromborough, Easham want a fast bus to Liverpool.As for Birkenhead dying blame Wirral
council for that absolute pathetic,and that's being kind to them

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(17/07/2019 08:52)DVG526 Wrote:  Prenton Dell cut off again then evenings and Sundays along with the Nocky and Ford while the Cross River buses stick to the main road. Also the X1 missing Birkenhead out. No wonder the town is dying on its arse may as well run the routes from Liverpool. Merseytravel need to start realising the Wirral is still part of Merseyside.

I do feel we in Wirral are forgotten about. Might as well go back to being Cheshire!
(17/07/2019 07:43)mrd97 Wrote:  Eastham Councillor Phil Gilchrist has obtained the Stagecoach consultation response from Merseytravel and has emailed it to myself

Confirmed Changes:

2 will run between Chester and Ellesmere Port only - however the frequency will increase to every 20 minutes. The section between Liverpool and Port Sunlight/New Ferry will not be replaced

It will link (presumably interwork) with the X2 - which I assume means the X2 will run between Runcorn and Ellesmere Port only, remaining at an hourly frequency

22 will now run between West Kirby and Chester, no longer serving Moreton, Hoylake or Arrowe Park

The 38 will now serve the Sandbrook Estate

Evening and Sunday journeys on the 41/2 will run the same as the Monday - Saturday daytime service, no longer serving Prenton Dell or Arrowe Park Hospital

New X1 replaces the X8 - runs the same as the X8 between Liverpool and Eastham, then as the 2 route to Ellesmere Port Bus Station and finally returning to the X8 route all the way to Chester - Service will now call at all stops

Both the 1 and X1 will run every 20 minutes Monday - Saturday daytimes and every 30 minutes evenings and Sundays - Overpool will gain an evening and Sunday service (meaning asection of Arrowebrook’s 106 will be redundant)

5A is withdrawn, 5 will now operate to a hourly frequency (currently runs at irregular intervals)

Minor changes to times on the 6 and 7

The document also states Merseytravel are likely to amend tenderer services 80/82/91 as a result of the changes

From the text on the Cheshire Council website it would suggest that the 2 would operate to/from Ellesmere Port with a X2 working operating as per the two route and then extend to Runcorn. This would give a connection to those on the 2 route to Cheshire Oaks.

The main roads are where most of the passengers are , agreed some areas are devoid of buses but whilst Merseytravel are running out of money these areas will get minimal service provision.

With these changes Stagecoach seem to have reassessed where there was room for investment and looked again and withdrew from areas where there was over provision of services

Lets see how long before the 22 gets the cut again , i see that as a Heswall - Chester service to honest .

What are Merseytravel going to do with the 80/82 , isurely they will have to be revised alongside the changes upcoming.
Is it gold vehicles for the 1 and the X1
Don't understand though why the X1 has to ha e an X prefix when it will serve all stops. Would have been better either 1A or 2 (with the new 2 perhaps numbered 3). Having the X prefix is very misleading.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)