Current time: 29/03/2024, 07:18 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bus Tracking Website
RE: Bus Tracking website
Are anymore operators in Merseyside due Ticketers I think Hattons might be getting them as I’ve seen that the wiring for them is in place on their vehicles
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/07/2019 15:55)darylyates17 Wrote:  Are anymore operators in Merseyside due Ticketers I think Hattons might be getting them as I’ve seen that the wiring for them is in place on their vehicles

That's if they have enough drivers to operate them as i believe there really short on drivers as passengers have been complaining about services going missing .
As the other day they had 4 buses parked up outside the arriva office in st helens for over 2 hours with no drivers as well as one of there owners doing full duties driving because of the shortages.
(02/07/2019 18:19)motormayhem1 Wrote:  That's if they have enough drivers to operate them as i believe there really short on drivers as passengers have been complaining about services going missing .
As the other day they had 4 buses parked up outside the arriva office in st helens for over 2 hours with no drivers as well as one of there owners doing full duties driving because of the shortages.

Could they be in trouble with the traffic commissioner like Avon did when they had shortages?
(02/07/2019 18:28)darylyates17 Wrote:  Could they be in trouble with the traffic commissioner like Avon did when they had shortages?

There not that bad at the minute as drivers start then relise the way the pay structure works and the hours they have to work for that money and then most decide to leave.
As they get paid a flat £75 a day but tend to work 10-12 hours a day so in turn there only getting between £6.25 - £7.50 an hour which is below minimum wage.
go north west have gone live on the tracking site today
With all buses in Merseyside & Halton having contactless from next week who are the last to receive the ticketers I know Link & Halton haven’t yet so it might be them
(26/07/2019 13:46)darylyates17 Wrote:  With all buses in Merseyside & Halton having contactless from next week who are the last to receive the ticketers I know Link & Halton haven’t yet so it might be them

Halton went Ticketer yesterday and are contactless from Wednesday.
(29/07/2019 19:51)cfm146g Wrote:  Halton went Ticketer yesterday and are contactless from Wednesday.

I saw one of their buses on the 17 with one fitted this afternoon just leaves Link with their older ticketers in St Helens at least not to have contactless and I haven't seen the wiring fitted in Warringtons fleet even though the 22 & 32 do go into the LCR.
(29/07/2019 20:15)darylyates17 Wrote:  I saw one of their buses on the 17 with one fitted this afternoon just leaves Link with their older ticketers in St Helens at least not to have contactless and I haven't seen the wiring fitted in Warringtons fleet even though the 22 & 32 do go into the LCR.
WBT have had Midas stored cash payment for some time. Whatever platform their etms are on may be able to extend to contactless payment already?
(30/07/2019 03:19)cfm146g Wrote:  WBT have had Midas stored cash payment for some time. Whatever platform their etms are on may be able to extend to contactless payment already?

Smartcards can be accepted on those Wayfarers. Arriva accepted Walrus cards on their Wayfarers but couldn't accept Contactless.

Companies in Cheshire have been accepting the Cheshire Stored value card for a while before Contactless was brought in.

User(s) browsing this thread: