Current time: 19/04/2024, 20:52 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
(08/06/2019 19:34)Turbostar Wrote:  There would be some logic in dividing the 2 into two separate services. I suspect the idea would be to run a Liverpool-Croft Park service, and also a Chester to Little Sutton service, (maybe running via the northern part of route 6).

The bit between Little Sutton & Eastham is well enough served for the relatively low number of people living on the route, and services 41 & 42 are available between Eastham & Croft Retail Park.

Anyone have any idea what changes may be in store for the X8?

One thing i would like to see with the X8 is a Bromborough Cross stop , how can Bromborough Cross not be a stop on an express route, this stop should be at the expense of one of the two stops at Mill Lane /Coronation Drive or Port Sunlight Shore Drive. Strangely they already call in Bromborough in the peak hour so they must think there is a need .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Reported this morning that the layout at Bebington Rd/Greendale Rd has been altered and buses can no longer make the turn. As a result Port Sunlight Village not being served by the 2.
(10/06/2019 10:08)DVG526 Wrote:  Reported this morning that the layout at Bebington Rd/Greendale Rd has been altered and buses can no longer make the turn. As a result Port Sunlight Village not being served by the 2.

I have been wondering whether the junction had been altered to put an extra set of lights in to help traffic get out of Greendale Road into Bebington Road as well helping the pedestrians crossing the junction.
(10/06/2019 07:57)wirralbus Wrote:  One thing i would like to see with the X8 is a Bromborough Cross stop , how can Bromborough Cross not be a stop on an express route, this stop should be at the expense of one of the two stops at Mill Lane /Coronation Drive or Port Sunlight Shore Drive. Strangely they already call in Bromborough in the peak hour so they must think there is a need .
It adds about 3-4 minutes onto the running time compared to bypassing. While there is demand for such a service, is it worth delaying everyone else. The X8 has already had a substantial amount of time put on it since it first started. With a lot of passengers using the X8 for the longer distance, you would start losing those customers to the train.

If the stops were on the main road, I think Stagecoach would stop all X8s there. It's the diversion and the traffic which costs more in time than it will likely make in revenue.
(10/06/2019 11:41)iMarkeh Wrote:  It adds about 3-4 minutes onto the running time compared to bypassing. While there is demand for such a service, is it worth delaying everyone else. The X8 has already had a substantial amount of time put on it since it first started. With a lot of passengers using the X8 for the longer distance, you would start losing those customers to the train.

If the stops were on the main road, I think Stagecoach would stop all X8s there. It's the diversion and the traffic which costs more in time than it will likely make in revenue.

If its the time lost , then why operate via Bromborough Cross in the peak hours , that argument doesnt stand up.
Is the change to the 2 (bypassing Port Sunlight) permanent? I’d say why not just have it go via New Ferry and Central Drive as the 38 did for a year or two. But I do think residents kicked up a fuss over that route.

With the X8, it’s already had significant time out on since it begin, as has been mentioned. How much additional time does serving the zoo add? Because it’s becoming less of an express service with all the additional stops. I’d say Liverpool - Shore Drive, Magazine Lane, Allport Road, Bridle Road, M53, Ellesmere Port Bus Station, Stanney Lane, Cheshire Oaks, M53, Hoole Road and into the bus interchange (bypassing Chester Station). Does it really need to serve the zoo and Chester Station?
(10/06/2019 18:01)mrd97 Wrote:  Is the change to the 2 (bypassing Port Sunlight) permanent? I’d say why not just have it go via New Ferry and Central Drive as the 38 did for a year or two. But I do think residents kicked up a fuss over that route.

With the X8, it’s already had significant time out on since it begin, as has been mentioned. How much additional time does serving the zoo add? Because it’s becoming less of an express service with all the additional stops. I’d say Liverpool - Shore Drive, Magazine Lane, Allport Road, Bridle Road, M53, Ellesmere Port Bus Station, Stanney Lane, Cheshire Oaks, M53, Hoole Road and into the bus interchange (bypassing Chester Station). Does it really need to serve the zoo and Chester Station?
It is Magazine Road not Magazine Lane,Merseytravel also make the same stupid mistake
on their timetable at Sir Thomas Street

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Its certainally used to pick up / drop off at Chrster Station
(10/06/2019 18:01)mrd97 Wrote:  Is the change to the 2 (bypassing Port Sunlight) permanent? I’d say why not just have it go via New Ferry and Central Drive as the 38 did for a year or two. But I do think residents kicked up a fuss over that route.

If I remember rightly it was re-routed to the zoo by request when the 32A was dropped, so yes it does have to serve the Zoo

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Article in the Echo now about Stagecoach’s proposals. Seems to have drawn a few disgruntled responses and has only been posted for a hour or two. Apparently there is very little demand on the 22, however whenever I’ve seen it, it usually has a healthy load. If it’s rerouted and doesn’t call at Arrowe Park, will merseytravel fund a new service so West Kirby doesn’t lose its link to Arrowe Park? Or is that wishful thinking?

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)