Current time: 19/04/2024, 14:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
News out of rockferry is that all man 300s are leaving rockferry along with all tridents as well as a few other buses.
In return they will be receiving around 5 enviro 300s

The mans are due to start moving when the schools finish next Friday for storage
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(19/04/2019 17:50)Busguy12 Wrote:  News out of rockferry is that all man 300s are leaving rockferry along with all tridents as well as a few other buses.

The mans are due to start moving when the schools finish next Friday for storage

Seems Stagecoach are getting rid of MANs out of the whole group. Noticed loads for sale going cheap, both MAN Enviro 300s and MAN Versas
(19/04/2019 17:50)Busguy12 Wrote:  News out of rockferry is that all man 300s are leaving rockferry along with all tridents as well as a few other buses.

Where will the Enviros come from?
Also any ideas where the MANviros are going?
Are some more Enviro200s moving to Chester by any chance?

The Tridents could probably be converted to open top for Chester Sightseeing but I think they will more likely be sent elsewhere or scrapped.
Not exactly....

The work Rock Ferry's MANs and Tridents are mostly used on has been lost, and it makes most sense to standardise on 1 vehicle type, in this case the all-ADL Enviros.

Elsewhere in group, the MAN Enviro300s are Versas for sale are being used to test the waters for disposal of relatively non-standard types; the Enviros are the 14.240/Enviro200 type of which only 82 were ever ordered across the whole group. Similar with the Versas, the redeeming quality for the Cummins engined examples being the stardardisation of parts with the more common Enviro200s.
Does anyone know details of which workings the Gold deckers (of any type) are appearing on at the moment?
I believe that Gold deckers can appear on any of the 1/38/41/42/80/82, but are there any particular journeys which are normally allocated one each day?
Any info would be much appreciated.
(25/04/2019 17:41)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know details of which workings the Gold deckers (of any type) are appearing on at the moment?
I believe that Gold deckers can appear on any of the 1/38/41/42/80/82, but are there any particular journeys which are normally allocated one each day?

I've got picture of 15742/46/48/49 all on the Chester-liverpool as I know of unless any one else seen others about
27899 noted in the yard at Rock Ferry this afternoon, 24173 plus another MAN looked to be departing earlier....

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(25/04/2019 17:41)Valandil Wrote:  Does anyone know details of which workings the Gold deckers (of any type) are appearing on at the moment?

One decker i know works the Monday to Friday 07.50, 38 West Kirby-Eastham Ferry & subsequent journeys[i know this as it goes through Moreton past my home, around 08.10], then time it around that, the rest are randomly allocated.

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
27300 also in the yard at Rock Ferry and passed 27298 in the Birkenhead tunnel, presumably also heading to Rock Ferry.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
19054, 19022, 19018 all left for Scotland earlier

User(s) browsing this thread: 15 Guest(s)