Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:43 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(14/03/2019 10:23)DVG526 Wrote:  We’ve been here before haven’t we.

Profit driven unfortunately so the deckers stay on rails whilst unsuitable vehicles are used for the everyday bus user who may now be driven back to their cars in the long term..

Its been happening in Liverpool too on the 79s for months, Commander after Commander, and at Green Lane on the 12/13. I have seen complaint after complaint on twitter for months
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(14/03/2019 15:06)wirralbus Wrote:  Arriva unlike Stagecoach dont have a gigantic fleet of vehicles they can pull out of a hat for Rail Replacement work , so unfortunately a lot of the rail replacement fleet has come from the day to day fleet of various garages.
Arriva does have a large fleet haha. It's just that they have a high PVR as well.
Chester is wasting deckers on the 4/X4. There is a good 10 deckers there which could be moved for rails, put hybrids on normal routes and then the 'spare' pulsars and cadets (which are being put on routes to cover the deckers) could go to Chester on the 4/X4 where the route is proven to work on pulsars.

Maybe if there weren't 300,000 spares on each run and people weren't given daft layovers on duties, there would also be enough deckers to cover local runs. Just saying!
(14/03/2019 18:05)iMarkeh Wrote:  Arriva does have a large fleet haha. It's just that they have a high PVR as well.
Chester is wasting deckers on the 4/X4. There is a good 10 deckers there which could be moved for rails, put hybrids on normal routes and then the 'spare' pulsars and cadets (which are being put on routes to cover the deckers) could go to Chester on the 4/X4 where the route is proven to work on pulsars.

Maybe if there weren't 300,000 spares on each run and people weren't given daft layovers on duties, there would also be enough deckers to cover local runs. Just saying!

They aren't wasted on the 4/X4, better there than on 10s.
(14/03/2019 20:20)Y727 KNF Wrote:  They aren't wasted on the 4/X4, better there than on 10s.
That is debatable! Given how long the 4/X4 have coped on pulsars and given the fact the 4/X4 rarely get enough passengers for deckers. The 10s at peak time are full seated and standing passengers when they go along Sealand Road. In my opinion, they are wasted.
(14/03/2019 22:35)iMarkeh Wrote:  That is debatable! Given how long the 4/X4 have coped on pulsars and given the fact the 4/X4 rarely get enough passengers for deckers. The 10s at peak time are full seated and standing passengers when they go along Sealand Road. In my opinion, they are wasted.

Before I started driving, I used to use the route a fair bit to visit friends and such, I'm not saying every journey does as with any route some singles are okay but for a lot of journeys especially at peak times I'd say the deckers are a good fit.
Cadet 2501 back in Birkenhead today on 410/1,it certainly gets around.
2495 is back on loan here and is on 409 today.
Not sure if anybody else has mentioned, but 2576 is off the road for an engine transplant.

4416 is here for a gearbox change.
Noted 4557 on the 472 today about bloody time, bet it’s only temporary or an allocation cock up
(01/04/2019 12:21)N304CLV Wrote:  2495 is back on loan here and is on 409 today.

It's now at green lane.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)