Current time: 19/04/2024, 18:09 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(24/02/2019 00:22)johnluke Wrote:  A staff buy out would be better

It’s unrealistic though, most management buy outs result in administration and being bought out by a national operator.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Can we expect news about Oldham at any point?
Interesting times ahead if when franchising comes out stagecoach will be the biggest losers
Transdev been named for Oldham and Bolton so any post before tomorrow maybe not true. Same as Oldham going to West Yorkshire. All been round a few times. I can see both going to someone who plays in London. Maybe even MCT will have a bite as HCT does have the funds if needs I would think.
So it's transdev ?
(24/02/2019 20:27)johnluke Wrote:  Interesting times ahead if when franchising comes out stagecoach will be the biggest losers

Only if they want to be! No matter what happens to Bolton or Oldham, Stagecoach will be by far the biggest Operator in GM by the Summer - many months before Bus Reform is finalised.
Souter doseny like being told what to do if the franchising comes in I bet he pulls out
(24/02/2019 20:39)Mrboo Wrote:  Transdev been named for Oldham and Bolton so any post before tomorrow maybe not true. Same as Oldham going to West Yorkshire. All been round a few times. I can see both going to someone who plays in London. Maybe even MCT will have a bite as HCT does have the funds if needs I would think.
If information has leaked, it would contravene stick exchange rules and could result in a heavy fine. Will see soon.
I think the issue with Oldham is a lot more complicated from what I understand much of the losses are here, because Metrolink flows right through and duplicates a number of routes therefore any buyer would face an uphill struggle also the bus depot property won't be available for long as its part of a town centre redevelopment scheme.

So someone would need to completely restructure it. It maybe that someone literally looks at profitable routes and de-registers the rest and lets TfGM pick up the pieces and then moves to much smaller premises or if an existing operator moves to another depot within their territory.

Also FirstGroup might try to restructure Oldham so it gets a better price before selling it onward.
(24/02/2019 20:42)johnluke Wrote:  So it's transdev ?

Maybe, though I prefer to listen to sales information published on operators websites.

Though looking at the evidence Bolton bolts on nicely to their territories in that Transdev also has a major share of the market in Bury and Rochdale, the fact that they have looked previously at the mothballed Bury depot but then felt unable to buy it may change as besides the Rosso vehicles at Rochdale there is also a certain percentage of route in Bury operated from Bolton which would therefore possibly make re-opening Bury depot a viable option. Another thing Transdev may like is the Leigh Guided Busway (Vantage) as they gain experience, that they might be able to use in Leeds should they wish and be able to do.

Oldham as I've said above is a different kettle of fish.

User(s) browsing this thread: 26 Guest(s)