Current time: 18/04/2024, 11:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
RE: Stagecoach MCSL - Gillmoss Depot
(27/01/2019 20:17)DVG526 Wrote:  Presumably a cascade of vehicles since the arrival of the MMCs in Lancaster?

They replaced the ex scottish MAN enviro 300s and the older tridents 18139 and 18140.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonesy3001/

If it's not in london they dont want to know
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Not to sure how true this is maybe the Moderator or someone else can confirm but I've heard recently that the X5 Widnes-Liverpool route is now going to be a fully double deck (Scania) route due to ongoing problems with the coaches which are due to be withdrawn later this month.
34820 is back from the Wirral and was on the 204 Thursday and yesterday.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
(12/02/2019 08:19)M60lad Wrote:  Not to sure how true this is maybe the Moderator or someone else can confirm but I've heard recently that the X5 Widnes-Liverpool route is now going to be a fully double deck (Scania) route due to ongoing problems with the coaches which are due to be withdrawn later this month.
It's not good. I think MCSL just got unlucky with the vehicles they got given. They have been on and off since they first got them.

I personally think Gold would be the best thing for the route. Really wind Arriva up and compete with their Sapphire. They don't need deckers on the X5. It's not busy enough in my opinion.
Not sure about future allocations for the X5 - there are many rumours etc but I guess we'll have to wait and see

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
Rare one today, Alexander Dennis Enviro300 27294 SN65OEO is on X5 tonight

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
(16/02/2019 08:00)iMarkeh Wrote:  It's not good. I think MCSL just got unlucky with the vehicles they got given. They have been on and off since they first got them.

I personally think Gold would be the best thing for the route. Really wind Arriva up and compete with their Sapphire. They don't need deckers on the X5. It's not busy enough in my opinion.

I'm surprised Stagecoach still isn't doing a roaring trade on the X5.
Given the number of people travelling from Widnes to Liverpool every day and how far out from the town centre Widnes Station is, I would have thought an express service would have taken off by now.
By comparison, Arriva's X1 from Runcorn is often packed out.
Maybe it is just issues with passes and inter-connectivity, with Stagecoach having no other routes in the area to connect on to?
(16/02/2019 20:25)Valandil Wrote:  I'm surprised Stagecoach still isn't doing a roaring trade on the X5.
Given the number of people travelling from Widnes to Liverpool every day and how far out from the town centre Widnes Station is, I would have thought an express service would have taken off by now.
Maybe it is just issues with passes and inter-connectivity, with Stagecoach having no other routes in the area to connect on to?

The X5 was only introduced in September so it is still work in progress. When Stagecoach started the 204 in April last year, that too was a bit slow to start but now the numbers are picking up on it. It was also revealed on Stagecoach MCSL's twitter a while ago in response to a comment they have a two year introductory period for new services. If the X5 isn't making a profit by September 2020 then it will probably be withdrawn then.
(16/02/2019 20:25)Valandil Wrote:  I'm surprised Stagecoach still isn't doing a roaring trade on the X5.
I am not surprised. On the basis that as Walton has said, it was only introduced in September. It will take time for any route to get passengers. One definate reason will be the fact people look down on using buses. For some reason the overpriced, regularly late and overcrowded form of public transport is the preferred method of travel. Another part of it will be, as you say, people who would get an Arriva or Halton pass. They don't want to be paying twice.
Perhaps the Enviro300 should work the X5 and use the deckers on the 17 and 19.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)