Current time: 19/04/2024, 21:12 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
Can anyone tell me the complete list of routes Queens Road and Rusholme operate please

TIA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
49101 is back in new Free Bus Livery
(05/01/2019 13:15)gc802002 Wrote:  Can anyone tell me the complete list of routes Queens Road and Rusholme operate please

TIA

These are Queens Road services unless stated:
  • FreeBus
  • 17/17A Rochdale-Manchester
  • 18 Langley-MRI
  • 19 Langley-Middleton
  • 33 Worsley-Manchester
  • 41 Sale-Manchester (Rusholme depot)
  • 42 Middleton-Manchester
  • 52 Failsworth-Trafford Centre
  • 53 Salford Shopping Centre-Cheetham Hill (Rusholme & QR depot)
  • 63 Brookhouse-Manchester (1 journey)
  • 67 Cadishead-Manchester
  • 81 Derker/Moston-Manchester (QR & Oldham depot)
  • 92 Bury-Manchester
  • 93 Bury/Prestwich-Manchester
  • 95 Bury-Salford Shopping Centre
  • 97/98 Bury-Manchester
  • 100 Warrington-Trafford Centre-Manchester
  • 135 Bury-Manchester (QR & Bolton depot)
  • V3 Ellenbrook-Manchester
  • X39 Farnworth/Little Hulton-Manchester (QR & Bolton depot)
  • X63(?) Heywood-Manchester
(05/01/2019 16:38)SF07 Wrote:  These are Queens Road services unless stated:
  • FreeBus
  • 17/17A Rochdale-Manchester
  • 18 Langley-MRI
  • 19 Langley-Middleton
  • 33 Worsley-Manchester
  • 41 Sale-Manchester (Rusholme depot)
  • 42 Middleton-Manchester
  • 52 Failsworth-Trafford Centre
  • 53 Salford Shopping Centre-Cheetham Hill (Rusholme & QR depot)
  • 63 Brookhouse-Manchester (1 journey)
  • 67 Cadishead-Manchester
  • 81 Derker/Moston-Manchester (QR & Oldham depot)
  • 92 Bury-Manchester
  • 93 Bury/Prestwich-Manchester
  • 95 Bury-Salford Shopping Centre
  • 97/98 Bury-Manchester
  • 100 Warrington-Trafford Centre-Manchester
  • 135 Bury-Manchester (QR & Bolton depot)
  • V3 Ellenbrook-Manchester
  • X39 Farnworth/Little Hulton-Manchester (QR & Bolton depot)
  • X63(?) Heywood-Manchester

I wasn't aware Queens Road ran 81/81As. Are these Eve/Sun and/or occasional peak workings as I don't ever recall seeing a non-OM bus on the route.

The other question will be whether the transfer of Rusholme's 20 buses worth of work to QS will mean something will transfer out to make space. Mind you, seen as they have cut the 33 to very 30 minutes just as the MSIRR works begin to wind down maybe they will withdraw it completely in April
(04/01/2019 19:34)SF07 Wrote:  First changes confirmed on their website. Some changes appear to confirm the closure of Rusholme depot.

Service 42 between Middleton and Chorlton Street will be withdrawn and replaced by extended service 41, which will run 4 journeys per hour between Sale and North Manchester General Hospital with half-hourly extensions to Middleton. Sunday daytime journeys will run between Sale and North Manchester General Hospital, while evening journeys will run between Sale and Manchester with journeys to Sale starting from stand S (outside Wetherspoons).

Service 53 will be re-timed with some early morning/evening journeys that had been terminating at Gorton or Rusholme now extended to Salford or Cheetham Hill.

Service 33 will be reduced again, dropping to half-hourly, having being every 15 minutes until October and currently every 20 minutes.

Monday-Saturday daytime journeys on service 415 will be re-routed via Moston instead of Foxdenton Lane (avoiding a low bridge). No changes to evening journeys or the Stagecoach Sunday daytime service.

https://www.firstgroup.com/greater-manch...nuary-2019

I had wondered whether First would eventually drop route 41 and let Stagecoach adopt it if interested. Now that it is being extended to NMGH / Middleton this seems less likely.
Also unless things are about to change 135 is operated fully now by QS Depot with no input at all by Bolton Depot, the only Bury-Bolton service that Bolton Depot operate is 163.
Not mentioned on here before by the following Volvo B7s have left the Oldham Fleet over the last few months:

30894 X749 VUA
30947 YJ51 RRU
30948 YJ51 RRV
30956 YJ51 RCV
30959 YJ51 RCO
30964 YJ51 RAU

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(08/01/2019 10:51)T42 PVM Wrote:  Not mentioned on here before by the following Volvo B7s have left the Oldham Fleet over the last few months:

30894 X749 VUA
30947 YJ51 RRU
30948 YJ51 RRV
30956 YJ51 RCV
30959 YJ51 RCO
30964 YJ51 RAU

I have 30956 listed as being at Huddersfield, and 30959 & 30964 as being at Gt. Yarmouth.
(05/01/2019 21:06)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I had wondered whether First would eventually drop route 41 and let Stagecoach adopt it if interested. Now that it is being extended to NMGH / Middleton this seems less likely.

I’d hoped the same. The sale - northenden section picks up a fair few passengers, but very few travel entirely on the fridays-Manchester section, the route would be far more viable as an extended stagecoach 143/147.

The problem was when stagecoach competed the other year extending the 143, the reliability was abysmal, with journeys regularly failing or terminating short. First have made efforts on the 41 but it’s hampered by the annoying 10/20/10/20 frequency outbound which usually yields two buses in five minutes then a 25-30 minute wait.
Couple of statements released by First, this one on the 33:

‘The Monday to Saturday daytime service was reduced from 4 buses an hour to 3 buses due to the significant disruption caused by roadworks. Unfortunately passenger numbers have declined and in order to combat the congestion journey times have been increased meaning fewer journey can be operated with the same number of buses and drivers. The continued decline in passenger numbers means that even this reduced level of service is no longer sustainable and a further reduction has been registered for 28th January. In order to assist punctuality we are revising the outbound route from 9th December.'

And the 415:

To operate the current route, vehicles of a non-standard size are required. First Manchester have advised that despite significant investment in the pool of vehicles which are used on the 415 (and the 353/4), they are at the end of their life and this is impacting reliability of the service. It is accepted that a small number of customers will lose their service however the cost of replacement cannot be justified for the requirement.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)