Current time: 07/05/2024, 08:56 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
RE: Stagecoach Manchester and Wigan
(16/11/2018 15:09)Brickmill Wrote:  Have you got details or at least types as only 11 retained buses have been identified on FreeBus - 49102/11 49921/2/3 59001-4/7/8

Sorry I should have mentioned it was impossible from the photos I saw to ID then but they looked to be Versa hybrids in a orange livery - possibly metroshuttle 3??
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/11/2018 20:56)Mayneway Wrote:  Sorry I should have mentioned it was impossible from the photos I saw to ID then but they looked to be Versa hybrids in a orange livery - possibly metroshuttle 3??

Actually, Orange was MetroShuttle 1. It does tend to back my theory that the outstanding pair for FreeBus are the two remaining Solos, 59005/6. Time will tell.........
(16/11/2018 21:03)Brickmill Wrote:  Actually, Orange was MetroShuttle 1. It does tend to back my theory that the outstanding pair for FreeBus are the two remaining Solos, 59005/6. Time will tell.........

Sorry it was a bit of a guess.
Do we actually know where these spare hybrids will end up??
(16/11/2018 21:37)Mayneway Wrote:  Sorry it was a bit of a guess.
Do we actually know where these spare hybrids will end up??

No, although I'm wondering if they are having a major overhaul as I understand few, if any, TFGM contracts are up for renewal in January. Otherwise, I would think some kind of deal will be done to spread them fairly amongst the likes of Diamond, MCT, Vision and possibly First to replace their own (incl leased) diesels. One would expect a "payback" for TFGM to finance future tenders though, even if only a few hundred thousand across the 9 or so buses.
(16/11/2018 20:56)Mayneway Wrote:  Sorry I should have mentioned it was impossible from the photos I saw to ID then but they looked to be Versa hybrids in a orange livery - possibly metroshuttle 3??

49101, 106 and 110 are at Hyde Road
59005 has been in Optare at Trafford Park since the 15th while 59006 hasnt move inside Queens since November 2.
Good to hear 17612 has gone for preservation. Pity the primos are going for scrap as although only small they're nice little buses.

What's happening with the solos, are these staying or going? The stockport solos are still looking smart & seemingly very well looked after & the drivers seem pretty happy with them as well.
Who is buying 17612 as i know someone was meant to be buying it but pulled out

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Not only are the E400Hs at Stockport using their 192 insignia on the sides upon repaint, but they are also starting to lose their 192 insignia from the front upper deck windows too. This does make them look better on the frequent occasions that they work route 197 (and occasionally other routes too).
(24/11/2018 04:27)Metroline1511 Wrote:  Not only are the E400Hs at Stockport using their 192 insignia on the sides upon repaint, but they are also starting to lose their 192 insignia from the front upper deck windows too. This does make them look better on the frequent occasions that they work route 197 (and occasionally other routes too).

They have always been used on other Stockport services though espically on a Sunday so seems strange that they are suddenly loosing their branding.
(24/11/2018 05:43)Mayneway Wrote:  They have always been used on other Stockport services though espically on a Sunday so seems strange that they are suddenly loosing their branding.

Maybe there are going to repaint into corporate colours like Sheffield, Newcastle and Oxford eventually.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)