Current time: 29/03/2024, 01:01 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: Warrington's Own Buses
Is it a single decker only route this 144 ? Low bridges etc
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(16/10/2018 16:37)mrailman200 Wrote:  Is it a single decker only route this 144 ? Low bridges etc

There is no reason why a double-decker couldn't be used on the 144 other than the fact that it mainly carries elderly/disabled passengers and there are a few large tree branches on the route that would probably cause some top deck damage.
55 noted in Altrincham at teatime, working Cat5A.
I see the West Warrington changes are to take place on 19th November.
The service number 32X suggests a more direct route?

It's been a while since there has been an 'X' suffix on a route run by this company - I think the last one was the 10X, and before that there was the 8X, if I remember correctly?
The 32x will only operate at peak times. It is a direct route down Warrington/Widnes Rd to the roundabout then back on itself.

The 14/15 will both operate down Greystone Rd and the 17 service will run every 15 minutes replacing the 18.
(18/10/2018 08:28)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The 32x will only operate at peak times. It is a direct route down Warrington/Widnes Rd to the roundabout then back on itself.

The 14/15 will both operate down Greystone Rd and the 17 service will run every 15 minutes replacing the 18.

That's good news about the 17, though it would be nice in my opinion if half of them could run around Callands and Gemini in the opposite direction (clockwise every 30 minutes and anticlockwise every 30 minutes).
Hopefully the 18E will also be renumbered to 17, as it has the exact same route and they no longer seem to keep the E sacred on the evening service numbers.

I guess that the Birchwood side of the 17 won't be changing in frequency, just the Callands side?
If so, it would probably mean a lot of 17s not being route branded due to interworking with other routes (not that that is any kind of problem, I never liked that 17 route branding, so much the better if it doesn't have to be applied to other vehicles!)
I am likely to ride a Warrington bus from Leigh to Warrington and maybe some local buses when I get there. I'd be delighted if an Enviro 200-MMCs runs either of the Leigh routes then.
I've seen an unbranded one on the 19 occasionally through the week, don't know if it's just certain journeys or if it stays on all day though.
Details of the service changes in November:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

The times of the new 32X are quite unusual: "08:45, 09:30 and then at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour until 12:10. Return journeys will depart the Interchange at 14:30, 15:00, 16:30, 17:00 and 17:30."
The page about this coming Monday's changes has now been amended:
https://www.warringtonsownbuses.co.uk/ne...ce-changes

It now gives different times for the new 32X:
"Services will depart at 08:45, 09:30 and then at 10 and 40 minutes past the hour until 12:10. Return journeys will depart the Interchange at 12:45, 13:15, 13:45, 14:15, 14:45, 16:15, 16:45 & 17:15."

It also now says that the 30B will be renumbered 31 and 15E will be renumbered 14 (outbound) and 15 (inbound), in addition to what it used to say.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)