Current time: 16/04/2024, 21:27 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Liverline
Liverline
Would someone be able give an idea of what routes Liverline operated? Ideally before they were acquired by North Western in 1993. If possible, could I have the number, start and finish points and route they took? Thanks,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
RE: Liverline
(23/09/2018 09:20)Walton 46 Wrote:  Would someone be able give an idea of what routes Liverline operated? Ideally before they were acquired by North Western in 1993. If possible, could I have the number, start and finish points and route they took? Thanks,

Liverline initially started up using ex Strathclyde Atlanteans on service 32 City(CBS i think?) - Speke broadly following the old 82C route.
By the looks of things there was the 32/35/36/38/102/189.
(23/09/2018 14:49)motormayhem1 Wrote:  By the looks of things there was the 32/35/36/38/102/189.

Don't remember them on the 189. Shearings and Halton have had the route at various times though.
They ran Merseytravel contract route 224 (Aigburth Vale - Broadgreen Hospital) until MTL took over in 1992 and used J reg DAF SB220/Ikarus Citibus on them.

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
35 was quite innovative route, before the 35 was introduced it took 3 changes of existing routes to cover that route, 78 Halewood-Taggart Avenue, 61/61A Taggart Avenue-Allerton Library. 80 Allerton Library-City Centre. so much so the 35 still exists as the 75.

36 was Garston, Banks Road-City Centre, followed the 80 Garston-Allerton, then 86 Allerton-City Centre.

32 did a mini loop around Eastern Avenue, Speke, rather than terminate at the usual Eastern Avenue terminus, also originally went via Hunts Cross Asda, & Springwood Avenue

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
(23/09/2018 20:59)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Don't remember them on the 189. Shearings and Halton have had the route at various times though.

Theres a pic of liverline atlantean on google images in st helens bus stn with 189 on the front and the old yellow plastic "merseytravel bus service" sign in the window.
(24/09/2018 03:48)motormayhem1 Wrote:  Theres a pic of liverline atlantean on google images in st helens bus stn with 189 on the front and the old yellow plastic "merseytravel bus service" sign in the window.

Thanks MM. Probably a short lived contract.
Having just read this thread for the first time my memoties of Liverline were that it had a livery similar to West Midlands Transport and used Fleetlines from WMT. Also did they not operate on the 699?

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles
No, they didn't have Fleetlines from WMT and livery nothing like WMT. Various Atlanteans was what they had to start with. Think most came from Scotland, with some from Manchester, and a few from other areas. No Fleetlines as far as I can remember. Merseyline had Fleetlines from WMT and Amberline

User(s) browsing this thread: