Current time: 18/04/2024, 22:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Winsford Depot
(14/09/2018 13:42)33109 Wrote:  Possibly so, I can see why they've cutback the 130 tbh. There's buses like every 5/10 mins from parrs wood into piccadilly gardens so people needing to get into macc can jump on a bus from town then connect to the 130.

However if its outside the times some people need then they'll lose passengers due to them having to get the train instead.

When the ticketer machines are introduced it'll be a lot better as iMarkeh mentioned above
The wayfarer 400s have had their day now, they can't keep up & it takes drivers a few minutes to sign on which was better when ticket machines still had driver modules that werel removable that had each driver's details on.

Personally meself I can't see arriva lasting much longer, everybody is fed up with them. Their attitude towards customers stinks coupled with some of the drivers being the moodiest buggers around. Also ticket prices have kept going up & up, plus there's still the rumour floating about that DB want to sell their UK business so things don't look too bright for them right now.

Arriva froze fares in the Liverpool area at the flat fare of £2.30 and cut some weekly tickets, as well as extending the Merseyside area validity.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(15/09/2018 18:19)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Arriva froze fares in the Liverpool area at the flat fare of £2.30 and cut some weekly tickets, as well as extending the Merseyside area validity.

To confirm, that was all done due to competition. Trying to win customers back. All other areas, prices are astronomical. It costs me the same for a single from Blacon to Shotton as it does from Chester to Warrington. 20 minutes up the road costs the same as 90 minutes to Warrington....

I fully agree with 33109, Arriva don't care much about customers anymore except where there is competition. No competition = no cares.
(15/09/2018 18:19)Olympian2100 Wrote:  Arriva froze fares in the Liverpool area at the flat fare of £2.30 and cut some weekly tickets, as well as extending the Merseyside area validity.

Yet in much of Cheshire day tickets have risen from around £3.50 to £5.50 over the past 10 years (regardless of operator used) and at the same time day tickets have become less useful due to bus routes being axed or having the frequency reduced.
(15/09/2018 22:19)iMarkeh Wrote:  No competition = no cares.

Same with other operators. Look at D&G doing special low fares for Crewe, the Potteries and South Manchester but nothing for North East Cheshire.
Indeed, I still haven't figured out why the hell transport service solutions (TSS) along with the council won't do what TFGM have done & introduce an anybus ticket.

Granted there's not the funding TFGM have but it'd help give a bit more flexibility.
[quote='iMarkeh' pid='121536' dateline='1537049961']

To confirm, that was all done due to competition. Trying to win customers back. All other areas, prices are astronomical. It costs me the same for a single from Blacon to Shotton as it does from Chester to Warrington. 20 minutes up the road costs the same as 90 minutes to Warrington....

I don't think it's fair to say prices are 'astronomical', just look at what other operators charge around the country for similar journeys. I agree that many local fares are far too expensive but for medium & long distance journeys they are very competitively priced. Day tickets are extremely good value, many stagecoach tickets are around £8 to £11 for a similar area, even some of their local city or town area tickets can be £5-£6 for a day.
(16/09/2018 10:02)Olympian Wrote:  I don't think it's fair to say prices are 'astronomical', just look at what other operators charge around the country for similar journeys. I agree that many local fares are far too expensive but for medium & long distance journeys they are very competitively priced. Day tickets are extremely good value, many stagecoach tickets are around £8 to £11 for a similar area, even some of their local city or town area tickets can be £5-£6 for a day.
I fully agree the prices are alright for long distance. Short distance, they are a rip off. If I use the 10/10A from Sealand Road to Chester, it costs £2.90 single. If I walk up the road to the dairy, I can get the bus for £2.20 return. Same distance yet as there is no competition to Sealand Road itself, Arriva charge the top they can get away with.

Also, given Arriva buses are regularly late, the drivers can sometimes be a bit off and the advertised features generally don't work (M-tickets, USB, plugs & Wifi), is it really worth the cost for even a medium distance. For me, a medium distance would be Mold to Chester. Very few companies would charge more than £4 for a return for such a distance.
This is why people don't use buses. Combined with lack of advertising, people want to travel short distance and those are the most expensive prices. If you are travelling long distance, you would generally use trains. With that in mind, journeys which most people take, the prices are astronomical.
So now we know what's happening to the 82 route, Arriva have cancelled their registration for the 38 Macclesfield to Crewe. Wonder if D&G will want to take on that as well?
Are the tendered and commercial journeys on the same tegistration?
Perhaps Mr.Peddle will do a Burton style deal - Macclesfield to High Peak and Winsford to D&G?
(20/09/2018 15:47)mikestone Wrote:  Are the tendered and commercial journeys on the same tegistration?
Perhaps Mr.Peddle will do a Burton style deal - Macclesfield to High Peak and Winsford to D&G?

Seems they do have two registrations
PC0002598/99
Start: Crewe
End: Macclesfield
is still active, with a revision on 28th October.

PC0002598/403 is registered as
Start: Macclesfield
End: Crewe
and is cancelled at the end of October.

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)