Current time: 04/05/2024, 08:11 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

First Manchester
RE: First Manchester
(11/08/2012 14:51)126th street Wrote:  The 2 and 1 buttons don't function quite as posted. In 2 it won't change into top gear and in 1 it won't change into either of the highest two gears. Earlier Voith selectors as fitted to Metrobuses and so also have a third button which prevents it from changing into top.

These features were no doubt removed to prevent drivers abusing them, just as the kickdown switch beneath the accelerator is also often no longer provided. High revs = more fuel consumption which is why the newer ZF gearboxes in Volvo B9s, Scania Omnicitys and so on are very quick to shift up a low engine speeds.

I was told that by a driver on about a ZF 4HP500 so I was just saying what I was told lol :P
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
report in a west/south yorkshire monthy book i get says that the Enviros due here are said to be going to West Yorkshire and we are getting B9s 36181 to 36280 only time will tell
(11/08/2012 11:02)Damien Wrote:  
(11/08/2012 08:56)mic Wrote:  the 100 buses due after games are also reported to be due for First West Yorkshire so not sure what is happining yet

I think it comes down to which of the reports seems to carry the most weight.

First Manchester contact reports that it wont now be until September, when the kids are back, that the allocation changes happen, for example B9s which have been at the olympics are sent over to Bury for either 135 or 471 allocation, which has yet to be decided and made official. Also allocation changes happen at Bolton and Oldham, potential of some older stock being pulled from service. Also reported is that a lot of drivers are being sent on courses, potentially to do with new vehicles coming in and familirisation etc. So on the ground it seems that Oldham and Bolton are still expecting the new vehicles. I guess it is a case of wait and see or seeing is believing depending on your point of you.Wave

wonder if Pioneer will get newer darts from else where or if these 10 deckers come as is planned
MX55 FFS broke down at Walkden traffic lights junction before after finishing the 12 as apparently someone opened the engine compartment as it was waiting at the traffic lights , don't know if they did something to it as well ??
(11/08/2012 22:19)FirstGroup Wrote:  MX55 FFS broke down at Walkden traffic lights junction before after finishing the 12 as apparently someone opened the engine compartment as it was waiting at the traffic lights , don't know if they did something to it as well ??

Bloody kids, they love doing that, the only problem with B7RLE's is the easy to open engine compartment.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(11/08/2012 22:56)YJ09 FWE Wrote:  
(11/08/2012 22:19)FirstGroup Wrote:  MX55 FFS broke down at Walkden traffic lights junction before after finishing the 12 as apparently someone opened the engine compartment as it was waiting at the traffic lights , don't know if they did something to it as well ??

Bloody kids, they love doing that, the only problem with B7RLE's is the easy to open engine compartment.

Bloody kids exactly, a simlar thing happened in Bolton on the 510 in Withins not that many months. ago.Then it was citaro 60282 from Bury
(11/08/2012 10:44)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(10/08/2012 22:40)Damien Wrote:  In other news just had 31919 on the 572 talk about knackered gear box one gear all round that route, took ages.. Withdraw it now if it was up to me, but sadly it's not

It was fine for the the last two times that I was on it, just slow. If it was stuck in one gear for the full route, that suggests to me that the driver had used gear selector buttons to hold it in one gear. There's R N D 2 1 - reverse, neutral, drive -1 holds whatever gear you're in, and 2 lets it change up one gear only, for example a change from 1 to 2 and then no more if I remember correctly. Smile

To be honest Thomas, I thought Id ask you, I openly admit arrows well I can quite easily live without them, but I am much wiser now from your reply. :-)
(12/08/2012 00:42)Damien Wrote:  
(11/08/2012 10:44)thomasl1231 Wrote:  
(10/08/2012 22:40)Damien Wrote:  In other news just had 31919 on the 572 talk about knackered gear box one gear all round that route, took ages.. Withdraw it now if it was up to me, but sadly it's not

It was fine for the the last two times that I was on it, just slow. If it was stuck in one gear for the full route, that suggests to me that the driver had used gear selector buttons to hold it in one gear. There's R N D 2 1 - reverse, neutral, drive -1 holds whatever gear you're in, and 2 lets it change up one gear only, for example a change from 1 to 2 and then no more if I remember correctly. Smile

To be honest Thomas, I thought Id ask you, I openly admit arrows well I can quite easily live without them, but I am much wiser now from your reply. :-)

Haha! :P I used to love the B10Bs before they went, they really were beastly machines. Couldn't beat a good M---PNA or a good N---WVR on the 600! The 610 used to be fully B10B ran back in like 2010...then they went and it became pretty much Arrow run. On one day (if I remember correctly), 30580, 30586 and 30587 were doing the every 610 route all day! :P When all of the Arrows go, I guess it'll just be a waiting game with the B10BLEs then or whatever. Smile
(11/08/2012 19:16)mic Wrote:  report in a west/south yorkshire monthy book i get says that the Enviros due here are said to be going to West Yorkshire and we are getting B9s 36181 to 36280 only time will tell

Hi mic,

Thanks for finding my facebook page, I got your message. The info on the enviro400s is sketchy.The engineer, that orignally mentioned it, believes it as gospel, at least that is my impression. Some First Manchester Drivers at Bolton have had some familirisation training so the rumor mill says anyhow. But remembering back, way before olympics and all that. I remember hearing that First Manchester would in all probability get hold of some new B9s. Based mainly on the fact that the B9 is almost like the symbol of First Manchester. I think even the driver I know would probably agree on that point not that I have asked him. But yes only time will tell. But Yorkshire well seems more likely :-)
(11/08/2012 19:16)mic Wrote:  report in a west/south yorkshire monthy book i get says that the Enviros due here are said to be going to West Yorkshire and we are getting B9s 36181 to 36280 only time will tell

Although a few of the Enviro's entered brief service at Plymouth on the park & ride service (33657-33667 with a gap or two) as the original 56reg Enviro400's at Plymouth were reallocated to the Bristol/Weston Super Mare area so presume these few would return south west......

HTH

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)