Current time: 28/04/2024, 00:19 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(31/05/2018 21:18)Barney Wrote:  Is there a standard vehicle anymore? Unless I've missed something, Arriva has yet to announce any orders for 2018-19. There are rumours that, as Arriva is owned by the German government and angered by the Brexit vote, it no longer intends to invest in the UK.

Im led to believe there arnt gonna be any new buses this year for arriva in the northwest and wales , not sure about other areas.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
This morning at around 0045 I saw an Enviro400 in Birkenhead by Hamilton Square. I happened to be driving behind it as it turned off the roundabout onto the Wallasey Tunnel slip road. Can't remember the fleet number. Any idea what it was doing over here?
(13/06/2018 09:45)Enviro400 Wrote:  This morning at around 0045 I saw an Enviro400 in Birkenhead by Hamilton Square. I happened to be driving behind it as it turned off the roundabout onto the Wallasey Tunnel slip road. Can't remember the fleet number. Any idea what it was doing over here?

MOT @Laird St earlier that day?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(13/06/2018 11:01)RedPanda Wrote:  MOT @Laird St earlier that day?

Seems a bit of an odd time to run it back. And why would it be coming from Hamilton Square?
There were rail replacements on last night, albeit between West Kirby and Birkenhead North. Possibly related?
There was what in railway terms is classed as a 1 under on the west kirby line last night.

The above term refers to a person under a train for anyone wondering what I'm talking about.
(13/06/2018 15:04)508143 Wrote:  There was what in railway terms is classed as a 1 under on the west kirby line last night.

The above term refers to a person under a train for anyone wondering what I'm talking about.

Turns out the person escaped with only minor injuries, incident was at Carr Lane crossing.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liv...s-14779331

My Flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/31135444@N02/
Interesting piece on the Wirral Globe that the 408 is to be withdawn in September.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/162984...k_bridge_d
Apparently it is not making any money because of that damned bridge still not being open.

I might get slammed for this but in my unwell state I really don't care but this just shows the clear inability of our council to get anything done on time.

I grant and accept that passengers expect a bus or train to be on time but how can this be even remotely possible if projects like bridge replacements cannot be completed on time, it really makes no sense for them to say yeah we'll do this and do that but we may have to keep slipping the completion time further back.
So the 408 would be withdrawn but the 409 would stay??

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)