Current time: 11/05/2024, 22:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
RE: Arriva North West - Birkenhead Depot
(27/05/2018 13:23)508143 Wrote:  I have to agree there. 1 of them was on the 410 aboyt 2 or 3 days ago ( 6004 I think ).

When it comes to ventilation on hot days like today and the last few days they are absolutely terrible as there are nowhere near enough windows to open and some of those that can be opened suddenly spring shut because the springs that hold them open are already goosed.

Sounds like they would make great greenhouses in a second life.

Was there a reason for these buses being ordered other than to try and say to the opinion formers and stakeholders your getting new buses. What is the next single decker of choice that could have been ordered.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(27/05/2018 16:48)wirralbus Wrote:  Sounds like they would make great greenhouses in a second life.

Was there a reason for these buses being ordered other than to try and say to the opinion formers and stakeholders your getting new buses. What is the next single decker of choice that could have been ordered.

At the time they were ordered the StreetLite was Arriva's standard single decker
They are also weak and sluggish like the also rubbish vdl pulsar junk

Their rubbish gearbox changes the gears far too soon meaning the drivers are constantly kicking down the gears to get them up to road speed which also has an effect on the timings of any routes they are put on.

I have had a few journeys on them and whenever I have asked drivers how they doing, the reply often comes back as " would be a lot better if I had a decent vehicle, these things a **** ".

A lot of drivers I have spoken to wish the management would get rid of them and acquire some better vehicles with more gears similar to the hybrid deckers which have a high and low range each with 6 or 7 gears.
The streetlites are horrid to drive as would much rather drive an optare solo than one of them under powered , engine whining , gear jumping bin of a design.
Out of interest do Arriva's Streetlites have the annoying feature that every so often the interior lights will switch themselves off due to the fact that the sensor fitted to them seems to think its light enough sometimes to not need them on?
(27/05/2018 18:59)Y474 KNF Wrote:  At the time they were ordered the StreetLite was Arriva's standard single decker

What's the standard now? Enviro200?
4173 was on 471 earlier, not sure how normal it is but can't see it being so.
(28/05/2018 07:15)jcksmnr Wrote:  What's the standard now? Enviro200?

Is there a standard vehicle anymore? Unless I've missed something, Arriva has yet to announce any orders for 2018-19. There are rumours that, as Arriva is owned by the German government and angered by the Brexit vote, it no longer intends to invest in the UK.
We've not had many single deckers up here recently but there's been a few Enviro200s delivered down south over the last year or so.
2906 is the latest in the new colours was on 413/4 today

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)