Current time: 19/04/2024, 12:35 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
The bus stop flags in Warrington still mention the 37A and 38 even though they were withdrawn a few years ago. I don't think the 35 ever appeared on them.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(05/04/2018 19:59)RedPanda Wrote:  Warrington seems to be free of timetables at stops with the only information being is routes of buses that stop at the stop your at. Information has to be found by looking at a paper timetable or online.
Is this the same in Knutsford? And across Cheshire?

I do hope it is well used (overcrowding) with all pensioners and disabled on a seat. I've always been surprised at how no operator has had a service linking the two towns given the distance.

As I mentioned previously there used to be a more regular 47 service from Warrington to Lower Peover (village beyond Knutsford) with an odd service continuing to Northwich via Lach Dennis but it didn't get high enough loadings to be viable commercially and a political dispute between Cheshire County Council and Warrington Borough Council saw it cut back to a token service on Tuesdays and Fridays only and Cheshire East weren't interested in renewing the contract until Warrington Coachways collapsed and the Warrington-High Legh-Altrincham service wasn't replaced but even then Cheshire East were only interested in a token Tuesday and Friday service as far as High Legh.

Knutsford does have timetable displays at most stops, there's some bus stops without displays particularly on roads which used to be served by the 300 and are now served by the 88A. However, the information is basic as it just gives the time, route number and the final destination e.g. 09:00 88A Colshaw Drive, Wheelock Close, so if you don't know the 88A is routed via the Longridge Estate then you need to have a copy of a full timetable to ask other passengers or drivers. They also weren't updated until during the day on Tuesday this week meaning on Tuesday morning they were still showing the old times. Plus they don't show arrivals which terminate there so while the displays should show the only Warrington bus leaves the bus station at 09:40, they don't say when the only Knutsford bus leaves Warrington or gets back to Knutsford even if the 14:30 departure for Lymm gives a bit of a clue.

I don't know if thy're doing a new one but the booklet of all D&G and High Peak services in Cheshire East seemed to work well, as you could pick up a booklet because you want the timetable for one specific service and then find out about services you didn't even know existed.
New-look timetables are now available for the CAT services:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...april-2018

Note that the times are subtly different to the previously posted OMNI times (perhaps to reflect the later set of changes?): it is odd that there is now no CC5A departing Warrington at 1640 on Saturdays, meaning that there may have to be dead running to work the 5 off Altrincham at 1801 (the latest arrival into Altrincham is shown as 1712).
Also interesting that the 1520 MF journey off Warrington on the 5 is now shown as calling at Centre Park but not at Bank Quay - I wonder what route it will take.
Personally, I think that the lack of detailed route maps is a shame - I still can't find out exactly what route the CC6 will take, as the timetable doesn't seem to be on Traveline yet either.
(06/04/2018 10:19)Valandil Wrote:  New-look timetables are now available for the CAT services:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...april-2018

Note that the times are subtly different to the previously posted OMNI times: it is odd that there is now no CC5A departing Warrington at 1640 on Saturdays, meaning that there may have to be dead running to work the 5 off Altrincham at 1801 (the latest arrival into Altrincham is shown as 1712).

Good to see they've given exact dates for school holidays instead of just using vague school term time and school holiday headers.

Although, a bit disappointing the Altrincham one doesn't mention the limited additional services provided by the 47 between Lymm and Warrington. (The 10:00 47 service from Lymm Cross is actually scheduled to overtake the 09:57 CAT5A.)
Does anybody know what route 19 is taking from Monday as Smithy Brow in Croft is shut for upto 6 weeks? I know Howards are going to be running a 19X Shuttle Service though with one of their Enviro200s.
(07/04/2018 19:14)M60lad Wrote:  Does anybody know what route 19 is taking from Monday as Smithy Brow in Croft is shut for upto 6 weeks? I know Howards are going to be running a 19X Shuttle Service though with one of their Enviro200s.

Dam Lane looks a little narrow. Probably go up Winwick Link Road, Winwick Lane toward Kenyon Lane Farm and turn right onto Sandy Brow Lane, Stone Pit Lane and Heath Road. Enter Croft and turn Left onto Mustard Lane omitting Winwick.

It doesn't look as if it would serve Winwick and come back on its self to go up the link road as it would inconvenience residents with cars.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
The diversion route is up Winwick Rd, right at the college, up Long Lane, Up Hilden Rd, Up Fearnhead Lane, left onto Crab Lane, Right onto Locking Stumps Lane, onto Mill House Lane then onto Smithy Lane then right into Lord Street then normal route. Inbound it’s the reverse of this.
(08/04/2018 09:24)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  The diversion route is up Winwick Rd, right at the college, up Long Lane, Up Hilden Rd, Up Fearnhead Lane, left onto Crab Lane, Right onto Locking Stumps Lane, onto Mill House Lane then onto Smithy Lane then right into Lord Street then normal route. Inbound it’s the reverse of this.

That’s quite a fair chunk of the route omitted. Does it require a change of vehicle for the diversion?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Having looked at the diversion on Google Streetmaps I don't see any problems on the diversion route that would warrant a smaller vehicle being used during the diversion, as for the chunk missed out like I've said Howards are covering some of the route with a 19X service with one of their Enviro200s.
ALX400 on their this morning on the diversion route near Croft, the Eclipses may struggle but other than that deckers regularly use the route on school services anyway.

User(s) browsing this thread: 18 Guest(s)