Current time: 16/04/2024, 22:10 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
Details of Network Warrington running to Wigan is a bit confusing on TfGM's website. The service changes pages mentions the 360 evening/Sunday service being replaced by services 22/22E, while the timetable on their site lists the service as 22A.

Quote:360
Wigan - Abram - Golborne - Newton-le-Willows - Warrington
Warrington – Wigan
Run by Arriva North West/Diamond/Stagecoach. Times are changed. Evening, Sunday and public holiday journeys are withdrawn and replaced by buses 22 and 22E running between Warrington, Newton-le-Willows, Golborne, Abram and Wigan

https://tfgm.com/public-transport/bus/service-changes
https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...es_360.pdf
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Network Warrington services being pushed to time.....never lol ????????
(26/03/2018 22:12)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Network Warrington services being pushed to time.....never lol ????????

Haha, well I'm sure you will know about it better than I do!
But it seems to me that Warrington is better than quite a lot of other companies for having more realistic timetables with layover and recovery time being built in. For instance, the Northwich runs are currently mostly *meant to* get 19 minutes' stand time at Northwich before heading back, assuming they run to time, and the Altrinchams are currently meant to have more than 10 minutes at Altrincham (though this will change with the new Cheshire Cats).
Having said that, I would prefer having a few minutes' recovery time at particular places en route instead of lumping it all into a huge chunk of time at the outer termini, e.g. it would be nice for the Altrinchams to have a few minutes' recovery time in Lymm to bring late-running vehicles back on schedule.
(26/03/2018 17:55)Valandil Wrote:  Yes, you are quite right, that won't be anywhere near as useful as I thought it was going to be.
At least it looks like it will work both off and onto Lymm schools, meaning that deckers are on the cards for those journeys.

I think strangely it would be a more useful service if it was
Lymm- Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Lymm

While it would be fewer services for High Legh it would give people living there the choice of 3 hours in Knutsford (which I think is a more sensible amount of time to spend in Knutsford than almost 5 hours) or 3 hours in Warrington, plus the option of a return trip from Warrington to Knutsford or one from Lymm to Knutsford at times when ENCTS holders won't be charged.
(27/03/2018 09:29)knutstransport Wrote:  I think strangely it would be a more useful service if it was
Lymm- Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Lymm

While it would be fewer services for High Legh it would give people living there the choice of 3 hours in Knutsford (which I think is a more sensible amount of time to spend in Knutsford than almost 5 hours) or 3 hours in Warrington, plus the option of a return trip from Warrington to Knutsford or one from Lymm to Knutsford at times when ENCTS holders won't be charged.

Or if you want more services to/from High Legh, you could start from and end up in High Legh instead of Lymm.
(27/03/2018 09:29)knutstransport Wrote:  I think strangely it would be a more useful service if it was
Lymm- Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Lymm

The main target is probably to allow Knutsford residents to do shopping in Warrington - likely to be rather more than Warrington people wishing to visit Knutsford.
(27/03/2018 21:20)Bevan Price Wrote:  The main target is probably to allow Knutsford residents to do shopping in Warrington - likely to be rather more than Warrington people wishing to visit Knutsford.

I didn't post that correctly. I've corrected it now, I meant roughly the same service as now but with extensions to Knutsford and a Lymm-Warrington movement because it seems the bus is the same vehicle as used for Lymm High School services. It would not have the extra High Legh-Warrington return working but I think despite that the service could be more useful as it would allow a shopping trip to either Warrington or Knutsford from there - 5 hours in somewhere the side of Knutsford is excessive. I agree that Warrington is more likely to get shoppers than Knutsford but as only a weekday off-peak service they'll be a limit to how many people can make use of it.
Lymm- Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Knutsford
Knutsford - Warrington
Warrington - Lymm

This could be done with 1 vehicle out all day, such as:

Lymm schools to:

0931 High Legh
0940 Lymm
1005 Warrington

1013 Warrington
1035 Lymm
1043 High Legh
1058 Knutsford

1106 Knutsford
1121 High Legh
1130 Lymm
1155 Warrington

1213 Warrington
1235 Lymm
1243 High Legh
1258 Knutsford

1306 Knutsford
1321 High Legh
1330 Lymm
1355 Warrington

1403 Warrington
1425 Lymm
1433 High Legh

to Lymm schools

This would be much more useful, but needless to say that this would use more resources than the current version so would be more costly.
New Cat 5 and Cat 5a timetable now online from TfGM

https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...Cat_5A.pdf
(29/03/2018 09:04)mikemcniven Wrote:  New Cat 5 and Cat 5a timetable now online from TfGM

https://assets.ctfassets.net/nv7y93idf4j...Cat_5A.pdf

When are Network Warrington going to make their timetables available for other routes? Both Cheshire West and Cheshire East councils just give links to the Network Warrington site and mention that the timetables are changing, which may not be much but is more than Warrington BC do on their site.

User(s) browsing this thread: 7 Guest(s)