Current time: 18/06/2024, 03:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Fairbrother's of Warrington
RE: Fairbrother's of Warrington
(02/03/2018 08:47)M60lad Wrote:  Just seen the following which might be of interest not to sure how it will affect future services and how soon he'll get replacements:

http://www.warrington-worldwide.co.uk/20...s-company/

He's apparently already hired replacements:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...in_Bewsey/
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(02/03/2018 09:28)Nicholas Wrote:  He's apparently already hired replacements:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...in_Bewsey/

They have only hired buses from another company to run the school runs. They have not sourced replacements for their own fleet.
(02/03/2018 09:40)Raawwwrrr! Wrote:  They have only hired buses from another company to run the school runs. They have not sourced replacements for their own fleet.

Network Warrington apparently covering some of the school services, and not going to charge the passengers for use
A number of Fairbrother’s buses are out in service today so thankfully a number survived..
From the pictures seen, the 2 coaches, went up and 2 solos as well as the named 1940s bus (unsure whos it is as I don't think it would be a Fairbrothers bus).

I reacon he will just use the school deckers all day rather than the solos on things like 16H/T and 1C. Good job Fairbrothers have spare buses isn't it.
(02/03/2018 14:05)iMarkeh Wrote:  From the pictures seen, the 2 coaches, went up and 2 solos as well as the named 1940s bus (unsure whos it is as I don't think it would be a Fairbrothers bus).

The heritage bus was Leyland Titan EED 8. A sad loss
Surprised to see that he only has eight discs - do the Solos only work non-schooldays?
The solos tend to work every service day from what ive seen in the past.
(02/03/2018 15:09)mikestone Wrote:  Surprised to see that he only has eight discs - do the Solos only work non-schooldays?
From what I can see on the timetables, all the 'solo' routes (16H/16T) finish well before school time so I can only assume they go back the depot and discs get moved about. I could be wrong but it sounds logical to do it that way or you end up using deckers on local routes and obviously that uses a lot more fuel so swapping between buses keeps the fuel usage lower.
Which vehicles came to Greef?

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)