Current time: 19/04/2024, 05:30 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(03/11/2017 17:42)E208 WBG Wrote:  2 routes?

Routes not gold are 6, 38/38A/B, 41/41A/42, CL1 & CL2 and schools

I said route groups. 41 & 42 being a group as they always work together and the 38s all being a group as they work together. I forgot about the 6.

I don't have a clue what the CL1 or 2 are.

Schools are not proper routes in the sense that their main duty is not to provide a public service. Though MTravel school routes are open to the public (afaik), it isnt their main purpose so they will never be promoted to GOLD standard.

The 41, 42, 38 & 6 are all regular public service routes have the ability. I wonder if the 6 could go up as I don't think it made an impact on the Chester 5 with it all being OAPs. It was only introduced because the MCSL MD lives along the route.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(03/11/2017 23:47)iMarkeh Wrote:  I said route groups. 41 & 42 being a group as they always work together and the 38s all being a group as they work together. I forgot about the 6.

I don't have a clue what the CL1 or 2 are.

Schools are not proper routes in the sense that their main duty is not to provide a public service. Though MTravel school routes are open to the public (afaik), it isnt their main purpose so they will never be promoted to GOLD standard.

The 41, 42, 38 & 6 are all regular public service routes have the ability. I wonder if the 6 could go up as I don't think it made an impact on the Chester 5 with it all being OAPs. It was only introduced because the MCSL MD lives along the route.

CL1/2 are a Cammell Lairds contract

6 in Ellesmere Port makes a fair bit of money these days
A Gold DD noted in Liverpool on a Sir Thomas St route. (I eas at Cook St at the time and saw it crossing Victoria St (twice) on 471/472 today were 10882/3/4/6/8.
(03/11/2017 15:43)iMarkeh Wrote:  Only 2 route groups (from RF depot) not gold now. I wonder if they are wanting to make all of RF gold... :P

It is the intention to make all cross river services Stagecoach Gold branded so that only leaves a few duties on the 2 and the X8 to cover.

busambassador on Instagram, Flickr & TikTok | Merseyside Buses on YouTube
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
(04/11/2017 17:19)R557 ABA Wrote:  It is the intention to make all cross river services Stagecoach Gold branded so that only leaves a few duties on the 2 and the X8 to cover.

It makes sense really. Having one operator's hybrid branded buses on a QBP route and Stagecoach having stock buses on the same route isn't giving customers an incentive to use Stagecoach.
To be honest Stagecoach Gold buses appear to be more luxurious than Arriva's hybrids.
10888 looks to be a spare Gold so expect to see that out and about on other routes. It carries no branding for 471/2. All noted out today bar 10885 which was presumably spare at RF unless I missed it.
Anybody had a ride on the new vehicles yet.

If so, what are they like on board.
(04/11/2017 21:37)508143 Wrote:  Anybody had a ride on the new vehicles yet.

If so, what are they like on board.

Yes, 10883 & 10884 yesterday, very nice indeed! Hope they stay that way.......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc1947/
(04/11/2017 18:59)RedPanda Wrote:  It makes sense really. Having one operator's hybrid branded buses on a QBP route and Stagecoach having stock buses on the same route isn't giving customers an incentive to use Stagecoach.

I suspect the fact that their day tickets are 13% cheaper and their weekly tickets 17% cheaper than Arriva gives most people all the incentive they need to use Stagecoach.
(04/11/2017 22:41)Quackdave Wrote:  I suspect the fact that their day tickets are 13% cheaper and their weekly tickets 17% cheaper than Arriva gives most people all the incentive they need to use Stagecoach.

Yes that is one of the things, the most obvious that didn't cross my mind. But if they increased those fares then which bus do you go for? However QBP means operators are to accept each other's tickets price and operator regardless.

User(s) browsing this thread: 9 Guest(s)